Homebrew Can someone please tell me how to get NES on my DS!

NoobFactory

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I got one of those R4 revolution things, and I know that, somehow, NES roms are able to play on the DS through this. Unfortunately, I have absolutely no idea how to do this. Do I need to get new NES roms or can I use the ones I already have? I got some nesds file and put that one, but when i load it, it just says "DLDI driver missing" and points me to some website that does nothing but confuse my stupid noob brain! I have no idea what to put on this flash card to make it work. What do I need to do to get my NES games on this thing? If someone would give me the step by step guide of what to do, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

-Noobsauce

morphius

The King of the Cosmos
Trophies
Website
pachimod.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
nesDS uses standard *.nes roms. So the ones you have will most likely work. The R4 cart requires you to patch the nesDS program with a dldi patch.

http://chishm.drunkencoders.com/DLDI/

go there and get the R4(DS) - Revolution for DS patch.

get the patching software for the pc side of things. and patch the nesDS program with the dldi patch.

now put the nesDS and roms on your cart and enjoy.

ps things are MUCH easier on a current gen flash cart as they auto dldi patch on the fly.

NoobFactory

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, so I went to that link and got the dldi patch and patcher. I tried to follow the online instructions on how to use it, but it quickly goes into stuff I don't readily understand:
"End User Instructions

First, just try the ROM to see if it works with your flash cart. If it does, then great! If not, you'll need to patch it. You'll need two things, a patcher and the appropriate patch for your flash cart.

Extract the patch and patcher to the same directory as the ROM file. Open a command prompt in that directory. Type in:

dlditool

Where is the name of the patch file (e.g. "mpcf.dldi") and is the name of the ROM (eg "libfat_tests.nds").

You should see something similar to this: "

What if I don't know how to open a command prompt for that directory? Sorry, I know it is lame because I don't know these things, but I don't know computers/this crap/how to find anything I want using internets. I don't know how to open command prompts for a specific directory, let alone how to navigate command prompt at all. Computer guys like the author of this^ don't seem to understand that the vast majority of the populace does not understand the more intricate details of computers, programming, internets, etc. Anyways, that is beside the point... I am just surprised that there are no idiot-proof versions of how to do this laid out in step by step fashion so that even a child could do it!

So, instead of trying to remember how to use command prompt, I tried running the .exe for the dldi patcher, and it brings up this wonderful (ie. gay) program that asks me to select files, then doesn't allow me to do anything with them. I select the file that I want to be patched, buuuuuuuuuut then it won't let me do anything past that. It has a "Patch" button that cannot be pressed, and there isn't anything else to the program that is useful (it only has "About" which has no useful info, "Patch" which doesn't want to work, and something that allows me to browse and select files, but not folders). The program appears to be dldi patcher v.0.32. What is next/wrong?

anandjones

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Use the DLDI RC patcher from Chisms page. Install it, and then choose your DLDI drivers. Then right click your .nds files, an option DLDI patch should be there.

NoobFactory

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Working now! That right click patcher is the way to go for sure. Thanks a lot! I finally get to play zelda on the bus! woo!

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Getting a nes on your ds is easy. Place DS on ground, next lay NES on top... win.
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool