1. DeslotlCL

OP DeslotlCL GBAtemp's scalie trash

United States
    Yup, it is fortnite related, so before you start memeing or bashing it, i really need help with something. You know, when you first launch fortnite on consoles it asks you to create an epic games account, if you choose to no create one your information and purchases are tied only to your console network account. So, since someone near me wants to move from console to pc, he has not an epic games account, so i was wondering if he would lose his purchases when creating one and linking it with his ps4 account? Or is there a way to link them without losing stuff in the process?

Im asking this to people who possibly had done this before or are informed on how this fortnite/epic games account thing works.

Thanks.

2. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Dick, With Balls
    Reviewer

United States
    DeslotlCL likes this.
  3. DeslotlCL

United States
    Yup, the last bit is what i was looking for, thanks! But still kind of scared purchases may not be linked... do you know someone who has linked both accounts successfuly without losing their purchases from one platform?

4. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Dick, With Balls
    Reviewer

United States
    As long as they register a new Epic Games account when linking the ID, it'll sync all progress from PSN->PC. I don't know anyone who plays Fortnite, but from my 2 minute Google Search the below is what I found:

From what I understand, if you already have an Epic Games account and then you link the PSN data, it'll try to sync the PC stats to your PSN account which might cause loss of progress, supposedly it's a "bug" that happened months ago and (as far as I can tell) hasn't been fixed. But as long as you create the account while linking the PSN account (as stated in that second part), then all progress will sync from the PSN account to the Epic Games account.

If he does already have an Epic Games account, he can still link the ID, but he'll likely have to contact support and ask them to restore the PSN stats to the PC profile.

DeslotlCL likes this.
  5. DeslotlCL

United States
    Ah i see, i have searched before but mostly in spanish, and not all results were, well, that trustable...

Well his situation is the other way arround: no epic games account but his progress is on psn. Well if something happens we wont blame you, at all... (nah, just joking :P it isnt like he has pruchased that much, just 10 dollars on the battle pass and that's all :ha:).

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - someone, account, linking