Can someone please help me get Amiga emulation working?

Shinigami Kiba

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
Guys, I'm at a complete loss and I don't know what to do now.
At first I thought installing that "Amiga in a Box" OS was the way to go, so I followed these guides:
http://www.osnews.com/story/1561
http://guide.abime.net/aiab/chap1.htm

Though both are for outdated versions of AIAB I figured it out and got the thing running, that was the easy part, still as cool as that OS is it's useless to me because I can't figure out how to use my game ROMs with it so I decided to ditch that idea and just start ROMs like I was starting the OS Install.

Well, now I get the games to boot without using that OS, I mount their discs to the floppy drives in WinUAE and some games boot up but most mess up and just plain don't work.

Lets take Shadow of the Beast for example, I REALLY want to play the Amiga version because it has the best graphics and sound, but I can't get the thing to work, it boots up, the title screen works, you can't do anything, no keyboard no mouse no controller nothing works, it goes to some pretty picture of some beasts fighting eventually and after that it asks for disk 2. Problem is, I already have disk 2 mounted, I made sure it was the exact same filename and everything but just saying 2 of 2.

This is driving me nuts, I spent all day calmly trying to get Amiga Emulation to work yesterday but at this point I'm starting to think that it's downright impossible for any of these games to be played properly, I know people play them but they just won't work for me.

I had the exact same problems 5 years ago, since then I misplaced my Amiga ROM Set because I honestly didn't care about it since I was pissed I couldn't get anything to work and now 5 years later it's the same thing.

cardyology

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Search around the webz for the Gambase amiga torrent....

the RAR's are called "Amiga GameBase v1.4.3.xxx"

I got it from a certain very popular private games tracker, not sure what to do if you dont have an account there. Just search around for it. This will allow you to play shadow of the beast (and all the Bitmap Bors. games - w00t!)

Shinigami Kiba

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm using the kickstart that comes with the Amiga Forever pack, 3.1 I think, but I'm using the latest version of WinUAE and AIAB r10.6 though I don't know if that even matters.

Thanks I'll look for GameBase Amiga v1.4.3, problem is I don't even know what that is.

I really don't understand anything lol, it's almost like using a program written in Japanese or something to me because I don't understand a thing of what I'm doing or what all the options I'm seeing mean.
I have some basic computer knowledge, I can recoginze some simple terms like CPU, GPU, you know the usual, but any of the fancy Amiga terms are foreign to me considering I never owned an Amiga in my life.

So guys, I really need a good way to get started and understand the environment and what exactly I'm doing and for what reason.

Shinigami Kiba

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I really don't understand anything, what is Amiga Gamebase? Is it a set of ROMs cause I found something but that seems to be just Amiga games.
I have what appears to be a complete ROM set and NONE of the games work, so frustrating
frown.gif
Like I try Clystron for example, it boots up, you can hear music playing but that's it.

And this happens with every game, either it works, the only game I got to play was Lion King and that was all messed up too.

I'd really appreciate it if you could give me more info on what I'm looking at here, what am I supposed to download, what am I supposed to set up and how, this is too complicated for me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol