Can someone make a vectored printable AR card please?

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by DeadlyFoez, Apr 7, 2011.

1. DeadlyFoez
    OP

DeadlyFoez GBAtemp Guru

Apr 12, 2009
    United States
    I would like to have an AR card the size of a full sheet of paper, but my scanner doesn't work on windows 7 and I don't have the slightest clue of making a vectored image. If someone already has one or could easily make one then I would love you dearly and put you in my will to get my 3DS when I die [​IMG]

2. soulx

soulx GBAtemp Legend

Apr 4, 2009
    Canada
    ? AR card
    Is this okay?

3. DeadlyFoez
    OP

DeadlyFoez GBAtemp Guru

Apr 12, 2009
    United States
    I had already printed that one and it didn't work, most likely bc the yellow color is quite off. I'm sure I can adjust it, but a nice vectored image would obviously be way better.

Thanx for trying to find something though.

4. Takeshi

Takeshi GBAtemp Addict

Jun 1, 2004
    Gambia, The
  5. Pippin666

Pippin666 SSF43DE Master

Mar 30, 2009
    Canada
    Montreal, Qc
  6. sprogurt

sprogurt GBAtemp Fan

Dec 13, 2006
    It doesn't matter about the colour, I scaled a regular sized card image up to a4 just by printing it through windows print software (from windows gallery) and printed it in black and white and still worked fine. If you want to vectorise inkscape is always good, I'm on lunch at the moment and back to work in a sec so I can't really doanything right now, sorry [​IMG].

7. chartube12

chartube12 GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 3, 2010
    United States
    Correct. The camera is actually scanning the code in the bottom left corner. The scanning program advanced is enough to pick up the code regardless of the way it's facing. The size of the 3d image is than determined by the size of the cube in the middle of the card.

8. Fat D

Fat D GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 18, 2006
    Germany
    I doubt that what is essentially a VGA webcam has the resolution to pick that up accurately.

9. chartube12

chartube12 GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 3, 2010
    United States
    Opps I ment left corner. Has it's larger and easier to pick up a small a 3 to 4 code than the other one.

10. CannonFoddr

CannonFoddr Regular GBATemp Lurker

Sep 23, 2006
    Sitting by computer
    So you're saying that the 3DS only looks at the 'A-1' to determine what 'character' to show & the size of the Cube design for the size ?? - it has nothing to do with the colours or character shown on the card

If that's the case then I wonder what'll happen if we start using other codes than the ones on the AR cards ?? ('A-1' to 'A-6') --
    Anyone tried 'A-7' ???

11. spinal_cord

spinal_cord Knows his stuff

Jul 21, 2007
    somewhere
    That can't be right at all, it still works if you cover up the codes at the bottom, even cover the nintendo logo. It's more likely to do with the colour of the block.

12. nintendoom

nintendoom Nintendoom

Sep 12, 2009
    Viridian City
    AR cards were numbered?!?
    I thought A-1 was the size of card [​IMG] ..

13. CannonFoddr

CannonFoddr Regular GBATemp Lurker

Sep 23, 2006
    Sitting by computer
    not according to this
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

14. spinal_cord

spinal_cord Knows his stuff

Jul 21, 2007
    somewhere
    OK

As you can see from the following image, the AR cards use quite simple shape recognition to decide which card is which. I failed to get the metroid card to work reliably, but that should be simple is someone could figure out what shape it is looking for.

These shapes work fine even on my laptop screen. Notice there are no logos there at all.
    [​IMG]

15. SMG5
    This message by SMG5 has been removed from public view by Minox, Mar 12, 2016, Reason: Necrobump/response to necrobump.
    Mar 12, 2016
  16. Thunder Hawk
    This message by Thunder Hawk has been removed from public view by Minox, Mar 12, 2016, Reason: Necrobump/response to necrobump.
    Mar 12, 2016