Can someone help with slow ftp and online download transfer problems?

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I been having a problem with slow transfers for awhile now, and i dunno why, i mainly use ftp for transferring stuff to my mobile devices, PSvita using vitashell, 3ds and wii homebrew, android tv, etc. but its just slow, under 100kB is awful, Even using my android ftp is faster and so is downloads, but i can't use it with everything. I need filezilla for vitashell as esfile explorer doesn't seem to work for some unknown reason.

I really dunno what to do. I have a AC1750 Router, and my download speeds are over 50MBPS and upload 25MBPS.:unsure:

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
This is most likely a router/PC limitation. You either need a better NIC, router, or both. Not to mention that if you only have a single-band 2.4 Hz router your network is going to choke hard with all these devices you have connected. Also, what are your settings in ES? I use it all the time to transfer stuff to my 3DS and Mac without any problems.

Last edited by Joom,

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is most likely a router/PC limitation. You either need a better NIC, router, or both. Not to mention that if you only have a single-band 2.4 Hz router your network is going to choke hard with all these devices you have connected. Also, what are your settings in ES? I use it all the time to transfer stuff to my 3DS and Mac without any problems.
  • My router is DUAL BAND AC 1750
  • My settings in esfile explorer is untouched. It works just fine.
  • ONLY MY PSVITA using the henkaku viitashell ftp won't work with esfile explorer, my 3DS and other systems work fine.
  • My android has no problems with downloads or transfers.
I just was confused why i tried to download a emulator in a zip file for 20 MB and it took over 5 minutes cause the download speed was like 30KB or less when i was using my computer. But websites load like they supposed to. I wanna buy a new laptop anyway, one i can play games on, the one i have been using the fan has troubles working consistently and i have to keep giving it cpr or it will "THERMAL SHUTDOWN" It sucks, never buying HP products again.... unless they somehow come to their senses and start using nvidia GPU cards. :glare:

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
HP sucks and they have always sucked. I've had nothing but problems out of a multitude of their products. This does sound like a problem with your PC, though. What kind of AV do you have installed and does it have a firewall? Also, does your router have SYN/ACK flood protection enabled? Sometimes routers confuse multiple, concurrent connections as DDoS attacks (specifically as a SYN/ACK flood). So, the router begins dropping these connections as a mitigation technique, and this will affect downloads tremendously as well as make uncached DNS requests to drop. It's highly unlikely that this is the case, but it might be worth looking into. This could just be a case of Windows being retarded, which it tends to do.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte