Can someone help me with downgrading!

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Jt321, Feb 6, 2007.

Feb 6, 2007
  1. Jt321
    OP

Member Jt321 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I've tried searching but I haven't found any information on firmwire 3.01
    My sitaution is I have a PSP with firmwire 3.01, I have only found information on firmwire 3.03 so I don't know if the 3.03 downgrader would work on my 3.01 PSP.
    I basically just want to run dark alex 3.03 OE firmwire on my PSP so if anyone can help me out it would be much appreciated. Thanks =D

2. Opium

Former Staff Opium PogoShell it to me ™

Australia
    Update to firmware 3.03 then use the 3.03 downgrader.

Make sure your PSP motherboard is compatible with the downgrader though.

3. Jt321
    OP

United States
    ^^ how should I go on about doing this? I don't want to try the network update, because it would update to sony's new firmwire 3.10 I would think. Is there another way on how to update? and how can I tell if the motherboard is compatible? Sorry for all the questions but I have been away from the scene for awhile now and things have changed a lot

4. Opium

Former Staff Opium PogoShell it to me ™

Australia
    Try PSP Updates.

You can download the 3.03 update from their files database. If i recall correctly you need to make a folder called UPDATE on your memory stick and place the update in there (or is it GAME/UPDATE ?). You should be able to update then.

Ask on their forums about how to tell if your PSP has a compatible motherboard, I don't know all the in's and out's as I have a launch PSP.

5. Jt321
    OP

United States
    ^^ thanks for the help =D now can anyone tell me what some of the best homebrew, emulators are?

6. tama_mog

Member tama_mog Kupo

United States
    it wouldn't hurt for you to read a couple threads that has already addressed all your questions within the last 2 weeks in the same forum section. Just read.