Can someone help me with downgrading!

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Jt321, Feb 6, 2007.

1. Jt321
    OP

Jt321 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 7, 2003
    United States
    I've tried searching but I haven't found any information on firmwire 3.01
    My sitaution is I have a PSP with firmwire 3.01, I have only found information on firmwire 3.03 so I don't know if the 3.03 downgrader would work on my 3.01 PSP.
    I basically just want to run dark alex 3.03 OE firmwire on my PSP so if anyone can help me out it would be much appreciated. Thanks =D

2. Opium

Opium PogoShell it to me ™

Former Staff
    Dec 22, 2002
    Australia
    Update to firmware 3.03 then use the 3.03 downgrader.

Make sure your PSP motherboard is compatible with the downgrader though.

3. Jt321
    OP

Jt321 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 7, 2003
    United States
    ^^ how should I go on about doing this? I don't want to try the network update, because it would update to sony's new firmwire 3.10 I would think. Is there another way on how to update? and how can I tell if the motherboard is compatible? Sorry for all the questions but I have been away from the scene for awhile now and things have changed a lot

4. Opium

Opium PogoShell it to me ™

Former Staff
    Dec 22, 2002
    Australia
    Try PSP Updates.

You can download the 3.03 update from their files database. If i recall correctly you need to make a folder called UPDATE on your memory stick and place the update in there (or is it GAME/UPDATE ?). You should be able to update then.

Ask on their forums about how to tell if your PSP has a compatible motherboard, I don't know all the in's and out's as I have a launch PSP.

5. Jt321
    OP

Jt321 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 7, 2003
    United States
    ^^ thanks for the help =D now can anyone tell me what some of the best homebrew, emulators are?

6. tama_mog

tama_mog Kupo

May 6, 2006
    United States
    it wouldn't hurt for you to read a couple threads that has already addressed all your questions within the last 2 weeks in the same forum section. Just read.