Can someone help me setting up some homebrew?

Discussion in 'Sony PlayStation 1 & 2' started by War, Nov 29, 2007.

1. War
    OP

War Take it easy~

Oct 26, 2007
    California
    Alright guys, so me and Shin have been trying to figure out how the heck to get some PSX games running and other emulators. For me personally, I have a V7 PS2 FAT with a soon to arrive Magic Swap v3.6 and a Flip Top.

I read tons of guides on the "Memory Card Exploit" but I find them all SO CONFUSING! @___@

EDIT: Nevermind, I thought HDD was the same as my network adapter. Sorry!

2. mthrnite

mthrnite So it goes.

Former Staff
    Jun 30, 2006
    United States
    th' south
  3. War
    OP

War Take it easy~

Oct 26, 2007
    California
    Well see, I don't need to run PS2 games - my Swap Magic will do that just fine. I'm interested in running PSX games the most, I love PSX.

4. mthrnite

mthrnite So it goes.

Former Staff
    Jun 30, 2006
    United States
    th' south
    Get yourself a modchip then.

And do the exploit if you've got a HDD... so much faster loading, even between levels.. really perks up the games. It's nice to have a menu of all your stuff right there in front of you too. The exploit is awesome.

For PSX stuff though... get a modchip.

another edit: I just got a chip for my PS-One.. can't wait to get it in. I love the old games too!

5. War
    OP

War Take it easy~

Oct 26, 2007
    California
    Bah, I was hoping there was a way to do it without spending on anything else. I had to convince my parents forEVER just to get the Swap Magic o__o

Thanks for the advice though =\

6. Jaejae

Jaejae Superfly Don't Used

Sep 23, 2007
    New Zealand
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Some PS2 chips let you run PS1 "backups", infact, I have one, but cbf installing it, and due to lack of paypal, cbf selling it.

7. War
    OP

War Take it easy~

Oct 26, 2007
    California
  8. Armadillo

Armadillo GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 28, 2003
    United Kingdom
    Try it when you get the flip top , you have nothing to lose cept a cd-r. If not , the psx cheat disc from the old action replays will work to play copies. Disc in , flip lid at cheat screen , shut lid , press X to go. Only works on older discs though , the gits patched it out of the later ones , so they won't spin the disc unless they detect tray opening and shutting , so it won't work [​IMG].

9. War
    OP

War Take it easy~

Oct 26, 2007
    California
    Yeah, I'm gonna try that method when I finally get my FT, and if not, my last option is to buy a Breaker Pro. It's supposedly like Swap Magic but with PSX games instead of PS2.