Can someone help me after installing FMCB for the first time?

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
So, I installed FMCB for the first time using FreeDVDBoot.

FMCB (or a program in it) is resetting my TV screen from time to time (I had stretched the TV screen on my TV's settings to not have black borders when playing PS2 even before installing FMCB for the first time). Thanks to that I have black borders again.

Last edited by Windows_10_User,

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I never had that issue with component cables.

You can try setting the video mode with homebrew and maybe that'll fix it.

https://www.psx-place.com/resources/graphics-synthesizer-mode-selector-gsm.678/

Even if I don't turn on the PS2, the TV screen is reset and I have black borders again. It seems it's the TV's fault since for some reason it doesn't save the changes. I bought the PS2 to HDMI adapter and I no longer have blackouts but I still have black borders. I'm using a HDMI switch and I also have this problem if I connect the PS2 to the TV without it.

EDIT: The PS2 to HDMI adapter stopped working. I bought official component cables with Portta and I still have black borders with and without the HDMI switch.

EDIT 2: I have a new TV (LG OLED42C26LB) and I still have black borders with and without different HDMI switchs (I'm currently using SGEYR's since the former ones stopped working) even after stretching the TV screen, so it doesn't save the changes as well. I guess it's normal behavior.

EDIT 3: It seems it's normal behavior for PS2 games since most of them don't support widescreen but I don't get why the TV setting isn't saved (the one regarding the TV screen's stretching) after changing it for the concerning PS2 HDMI source. Also, it seems there are "cheats" for OPL that force widescreen for PS2 games, but they aren't compatible with all of them.

Last edited by Windows_10_User,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HoTuan @ HoTuan: how to mod switch ?