Hacking Can someone explain how to update some PSP CFW to a beginner?

DeltaBladeX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Honestly never touched a PSP before, but I planned on getting one next week since I have been wanting to get some games I would kill to see on the DS, like Outrun 2006, and they actually look cheap enough for me to just go for it. A friend who doesn't use his own system much lent me his so I can get used to it. However, his system is running some custom firmware that I know is out of date. He hasn't updated for ages since his PC is fried and he never gets any new UMDs for it, so hasn't been a problem for him, but since I have my hands on it for now, I thought I'd try to do it if it looks easy enough. After all, I wouldn't won't to brick his system.

Anyway, the system software section mentions it is running 5.00 M33-4, and its a model 2000 PSP. How would I go about getting his system up to date?

Sorry if this was covered in another topic, just that they seem to be about putting CFW on the system in the first place, and don't mention updating since it is likely obvious to anyone who installed it already.

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
*sigh* WHY U NO READ?
frown.gif

http://gbatemp.net/t268289-psp-hacking-mod...-a-q-start-here

Sticky... from this site. literally the first thing on the page. Well... there ya go.

DeltaBladeX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Sorry, I thought that was for installing from scratch. I just wanted to put this one up to whatever is the latest for it.

Schlupi

Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
Either way, sorry if I sounded mean... I am tired.

1. Install 6.20 OFW (official firmware) with 6.20 updater
2. Run 6.20 PRO-B7 installer
3. Run 6.20 Permanent Patch

DONE! No Pandora Batteries, to crazy shit... it's easy nowadays. If you ever need to upgrade/downgrade, use Hellcat's Recovery Flasher to install your selected FW version (OFW or CFW).

Hope I could help.

DeltaBladeX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
No, its fair enough. I should have read a bit more. Its just that I was really only planning on getting this firmware to the latest version for it (I assumed there would be some update utility, plug in the USB cable and run, or run some file just to get this M33 to whatever it is now). Didn't want to go installing some other firmware without asking the guy first. Thanks for the help though, it will be useful when I get my own in a week.

Schlupi

Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
DeltaBladeX said:
No, its fair enough. I should have read a bit more. Its just that I was really only planning on getting this firmware to the latest version for it (I assumed there would be some update utility, plug in the USB cable and run, or run some file just to get this M33 to whatever it is now). Didn't want to go installing some other firmware without asking the guy first. Thanks for the help though, it will be useful when I get my own in a week.

Yeah, PRO-7 will run all new games pretty much, and BE CAREFUL, if you're getting a newer model, you MAY not be able to install the perma patch. Make sure to read Rydian's sticky!
tongue.gif

and with that I go to sleep.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: