Can someone define "useless thread" for me?

Discussion in 'Site Discussions & Suggestions' started by WataruKun, Dec 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Dec 15, 2009
  1. WataruKun
    OP

Banned WataruKun Rom translator.

United States
    Can someone define useless thread for me? I made a thread that was anything BUT useless and it got locked. It was a thread making a valid point and it got locked with the excuse being that it was a useless thread. So making a valid point is useless? So informing the community about what NOT to do the next time a Pokemon game comes out is useless? Give me the REAL reason it was locked.

I'm talking about this thread...

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=196738

2. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    See posts #4 & #5.

3. TwinRetro

Global Moderator TwinRetro Don't start nothin', Won't be nothin'

United States
    E.G: This thread.

4. Crystal the Glaceon

Member Crystal the Glaceon GBAtemp Inkling™ Squishies~

Antarctica
    From what I can tell, your thread was just an over used thread, so useless for that one is just the fact that there are already enough of those threads on this site.
    As well spam can be considered useless.

5. Raika

Member Raika uguu

Antarctica
    IMO, I think that that thread's useless. A flamewar will eventually start in a thread like that. As you said there are trolls in GBAtemp, we can't help it, so those trolls would just go in there and troll some more. So the mods close it before it happens

6. Toni Plutonij

Former Staff Toni Plutonij *has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!

Croatia
    Let me put it this way..

You create a thread, you get attention, part of that attention is negative, you report everything you don't like. You make 10+ reports in matter of minutes, you whine, you don't take other people opinion, you ask for a thread to be closed.
    CLOSED
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=179686&hl=

Day or two after, you create a similar thread, just not the very same, to get attention, you get attention, part of that attention is negative, you report everything you don't like. You make 10+ reports in matter of minutes, you whine, you don't take other people opinion, you ask for a thread to be closed.
    CLOSED
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=194351&hl=

Few days after, you create a similar thread, just not the very same, to get attention, you get attention, out of 5 replies you report 4, staff gets sick of cleaning threads you create for getting attention and dealing with numerous reports, Thread gets closed preventive.
    CLOSED
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=196738&hl=

Day after, you create a thread asking why the previous thread was closed, to get attention, you get attention, part of the attention you get here will be negative, you'll report these posts, we'll have to deal with it. It pointless and makes NO contribution to this community ie. "useless thread" because we already know how it'll end.
    It will probably be CLOSED very soon!
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=196816&hl=

Get it? [​IMG]

7. Raika

Member Raika uguu

Antarctica
    Aren't they all the same? [​IMG]
    copypasta

8. Danny600kill

Member Danny600kill xD

United Kingdom
    For some strange reason i really enjoyed that story lol
    And Agreed

Love you Toni [​IMG]

9. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    And now its time to just put a little...

[​IMG]

On this thread and to say nighty night to all of the chaff finches out there...nighty night.

10. mthrnite

Former Staff mthrnite So it goes.

United States
    To be fair, the second thread was closed preventatively as well, but it was a logical place for the thread to end, and frankly I was getting pretty tired of working for you and getting back disrespect in the bargain.

Disparaging members and staff in your sig, basically trolling in your own threads, demanding respect while showing none to others, encouraging flames, and responding to most of the flames you got before you reported them, running through your own thread and reporting everyone who so much as disagreed with you, then creating more threads just to blame your issues on others. It adds up, it gets wearisome.

I put a good amount of work in for our members, I'm sure many will attest to that. I've handled a large part of your complaints, and I've treated you more, much more, than fair, otherwise you would be suspended right now. If you'd like for me to go back and retroactively warn you for everything you've done that deserved a warn, I can do that. You don't seem to like it here very much anyway.

You obviously have some talent, and I've taken that into account, but if you're going to be a diva, I don't have time for you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.