Hacking Can someone create a thread about trusted SX OS modchip installers by region

matias3ds

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
yeah im covering EU at least so far gone as far as croatia

did 2 lites today and a core for @MorningBlunt @tinkerbell and Jay who contacted me from the mod3ds discord

cNRCT7a.png
My last name is Croatian , aldo i have never been there

Dhodra

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yup. The giant mall at Steeles and Kennedy with all asian stores and the DDR game (Dance Dance Revolution) and Initial-D racing game upstairs.

Literally feels like you're in China.

Hey there! Literally made an account just so I can find an installer in Toronto haha. Are there any particular stores in Pacific Mall that you would recommend? I know there's a bunch in there but it's so hard to tell which ones are serious about it or not.

rmorris003

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey there! Literally made an account just so I can find an installer in Toronto haha. Are there any particular stores in Pacific Mall that you would recommend? I know there's a bunch in there but it's so hard to tell which ones are serious about it or not.
I don't think they do mods anymore as I see the ones that used to do it are now gone. Would be nice though as I am thinking of getting a trinket installed because my SX OS injector is not staying charged anymore and it is just easier to have a chip installed.

Last edited by rmorris003,

Dhodra

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't think they do mods anymore as I see the ones that used to do it are now gone. Would be nice though as I am thinking of getting a trinket installed because my SX OS injector is not staying charged anymore and it is just easier to have a chip installed.

Damn that's unfortunate. And yeah it's definitely more convenient to just install a chip. Do you know any other places in Toronto that would install? Seems like we just have to find a random phone repair shop otherwise :/

rmorris003

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Damn that's unfortunate. And yeah it's definitely more convenient to just install a chip. Do you know any other places in Toronto that would install? Seems like we just have to find a random phone repair shop otherwise :/
Nope not sure and I am in the GTA too.

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey, I didn’t install it.

Unless the customer wants me to install it I’d rather not use it.

As you know, with the latest SXOS 3.0.3 you can update the modchip directly from boot.dat
yes did you include it at least in the return.

Btw the update from boot.dat has been available since the initial beta firmware it was required for testers and if you installed a 3.0.2 mdchip a few weeks back it also requested it.
Updates are for new features on the chip like what i mention below

The usb debug port is useful for many things like cleaning boot0/1, and in the latest update they added software to directly flash it.
Because there have been cases where people have messed with their switches could not update the core from boot.dat so they manually need to update.

Not included future features are planned, one of the things requested is direct nand dumping through it which would be nice

Its not a problem if i even needed it anyway it just plugs in simply :) but i would never need it.
thats good store it safe you never know if you ever need it

Last edited by izy,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs