Hacking Can someone answer some 360 modding questions for me?

Razum

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, so upon learning the the 12 extra characters for SFxT are complete and already on the disk, I've decided that capcom can do screw themselves.

I have a couple of questions in respect to that, and I apologize if they are dumb, I haven't read up on modding a 360 in at least 4 years.

1) Are 360's soft modable now adays? Last time I looked it was soft mod only, and I'd like to avoid that if at all possible.

2) Is it possible to mod the system to play burned games/games off a hard drive and still play on xbox live?

3) Is it possible to do the above and unlock locked dlc?

Honestly, those are the only modded features I care about, but more pluses are never a bad thing. Like I said, sorry if these are stupid questions.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Alright, so upon learning the the 12 extra characters for SFxT are complete and already on the disk, I've decided that capcom can do screw themselves.

I have a couple of questions in respect to that, and I apologize if they are dumb, I haven't read up on modding a 360 in at least 4 years.

1) Are 360's soft modable now adays? Last time I looked it was soft mod only, and I'd like to avoid that if at all possible. Nope.

2) Is it possible to mod the system to play burned games/games off a hard drive and still play on xbox live? You can flash your DVD drive and still play online. However, there is still a chance you can get banned but if you do everything right you should be fine.

3) Is it possible to do the above and unlock locked dlc? I'm...not 100% sure on this. I don't think there is.

Honestly, those are the only modded features I care about, but more pluses are never a bad thing. Like I said, sorry if these are stupid questions.

Razum

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, so soft mod is out. How difficult of a hard mod is it realistically?

Also, in regards to the dlc bit, there are some that have early copies of SFxT and unlocked the characters and costumes through what I had assumed was mods. Did he potentially manage it some other way?

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Not really, though it depends on the Xbox, is it a newer Slim? An old phat? It's important that we know before you start anything.

Read the Jungleflasher tutorial before you start anything, though. It'll give you info on everything you need to know. You can find the tutorial here.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
The tutorial will tell you everything you need to know about flashing your DVD drive and determining which DVD drive you have and telling you whether you need to buy any extra materials. Usually they aren't too expensive but you never know.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
OP will need a compatible SATA chipset (or a VIA PCI Card/x360 USB) and a Probe3 for extracting DVD keys.
And preferably a connectivity kit to power the drive.

Other then that, Jungleflasher is the only thing you need for playing backups and playing on XBLive.

jTAG/RGH IS NOT LIVE SAFE AND WILL NEVER BE LIVE SAFE.
Unless you know how ofcourse but you can pretty much forget about it on this site.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You're welcome.

note on jTAG/RGH.

If you do not care about the XBLive service then you can consider XLink Kai.
It's the alternative of XBLive and allows you to play some games online but with limited support.

Xlink Kai is VERY basic in comparison of XBLive.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.