Homebrew Can somebody port this Flashgame on the DS?

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
being released on iPhone means its "piece of cake" for DS how exactly? Your logic is flawed. The game would have to be remade from scratch. Not ported. the fact it is on iPhone means absoulutely NOTHING for it being made for DS.

Chase-san

Trophies
Website
www.csdgn.org
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately true, they are both use ARM processors and sorta have a touch screen, but that is where similarities end. The iPhone has about 5 times the processing power of the DS (not just mhz), has a much more powerful graphics and audio chip. Its screen is also much more capable, capable of higher refresh rates and better color (and larger dimensions).

Also the development kits for the iPhone and NDS don't overlap very much.

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
ashxu said:
Yet another "Make this game for me" thread? ?_?
This. I'm tired of seeing these kind of threads. People still make them despite them knowing that few or no people would help them.

nickbaker50

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You got to understand that developing is not easy. Especially a game like his with so many moving parts to code, and so many levels. I do not beleive it is going to happen, unless you do it yourself.

WioWao

Trophies
XP
Country
Chase-san said:
Its screen is also much more capable, capable of higher refresh rates and better color (and larger dimensions).
Eeeh? More colors and larger dimensions? What does that have to do with anything. The DS having smaller screens and less colors only gives it less to calculate rofl
rolleyes.gif

But hey. Chill for a moment people
smile.gif

If you actually investigated this a bit we allready have a lib for physics:
From http://tobw.net/index.php?cat_id=3&pro...=Pocket+PhysicsQUOTEPhysics Library

For this project I ported the Box2D physics library to the DS. Thanks a lot to Robert Kavaler for helping with this! Our fixed point and DS fixed are now official part of Box2D. If you want to use physics in your own DS projects, check out the Box2D source from SVN (instructions here), and check this thread for the latest patches.
I do not think it would take too much to draw textures/sprites instead of lines/circles like in pocket physics. So i would say its totally possible im just not experienced enough myself to make it :/

And it would also be possible to let people design levels and upload for others to play
biggrin.gif

And hey ease off a bit people. Its better to ask for a game ported than just sit and really HOPE for it to get ported. At least the few programmers for ds are now aware that this is what the community would like.

PettingZoo

yesss
Trophies
Website
iancoulton.com
XP
Country
Crazy-S said:
Like the title says:
Can somebody port this Flash game on the DS?
http://armorgames.com/play/4552/crush-the-...le-players-pack
I really like to play this so I wanna have an portable version of this

(its already out on the Iphone so its piece of cake for the DS^^)

QUOTE(Crazy-S @ Oct 27 2009, 12:57 AM) I dont want that you make this game for ME I wanted that this game is made for everyone because this Game is very awesome

Contradictions?
mellow.gif

Colin_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ashxu said:

Raika said:
ashxu said:
This. I'm tired of seeing these kind of threads. People still make them despite them knowing that few or no people would help them.

Its people like this ^ who turn people away from communities. You said nothing that had valid info in it at all, maybe try and and know what you are talking about so you can give info about what could and could not be done with the request they are doing.

QUOTE(Skullcollector @ Oct 28 2009, 07:16 AM)
I bet I could whip up this game in a jiffy!
I'll do my best.

-Skulcollector

and its people like this ^ who save your ass cus they either attempt and fail but try or they deliver.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Crazy-S said:
oh thats bad for me (I have no PSP)
OT: Is the new PSPgo fully hackabale now?(I mean can I play homebrew or pirated games??)
Gasp! Pirated games! That isn't what flashcarts and stuff are used for (probably least listened to rule in the world xD)! Support your game creators and fund for their next game instead!

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
PSPgo isnt hacked yet. All regular models are, but for the 3000 and 2000 with ta88v3 motherboard, you have to be on firmware 5.03 (or below).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: 3 hours on a riding lawn mower, my butt is numb and my whole body is still vibrating. Gonna be a...