Homebrew Can somebody please port or whatever Conker's Bad Fur Day to 3DS?

stzy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've never played this game before but as you can imagine have heard many wonderful things about it. Really hoping one of you amazing people could maybe port this to 3DS, if it's even possible? Or if it's already been done maybe somebody could point me in the right direction? Like I said, I've really wanted to play this game for a long time, but I don't have an N64 and I'm not a fan of playing emulators on a computer (plus I have a Mac). I think the 3DS would be a perfect platform for me to enjoy the game on, with my lifestyle. Please excuse any newb terminology, I'm new(ish) to this scene. Thanks guys.

Reactions: KoalaBoy

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Sure, do you want Banjo Kazooie, Banjo Tooie and GoldenEye 007 while we are at it?

Don't have to be so extremely sarcastic.

OP, no, that will take years and years of recoding etc.
Your best bet is to either source an N64 and the game or get it on your PC and play it with a controller
Phones also emulate N64 quite well.

you cant just port something like that and the 3ds lacks the power to emulate a n64.
wasnt there a remake on xbox 360?

Conker Live and Reloaded on original Xbox yep

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rare replay for xbox one has it on there. $30 disc for 30 nostalgic games, one dollar a game, seem fair. Is the n64 game not the xbox remake. Or use a emulator like many people already do.

stzy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok cool I really didn't know anything about porting games so... this has been a learning experience I guess. I'll just play it on the computer I guess, I don't have an Xbox sadly.

Sorry for those of you who seem offended...

Last edited by stzy,
Reactions: Hat-Man

GlitchyGoats

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok cool I really didn't know anything about porting games so... this has been a learning experience I guess. I'll just play it on the computer I guess, I don't have an Xbox sadly.

Sorry for those of you who seem offended...
It's alright OP, you just didn't know! If you have a Wii with the Homebrew Channel you can get a N64 emulator to play Conker's Bad Fur Day but I don't know how well it runs. It's best just to emulate it on the PC.

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
http://openemu.org

I feel your pain, OP. I've wanted to play this game on the go for a very long time.

It's alright OP, you just didn't know! If you have a Wii with the Homebrew Channel you can get a N64 emulator to play Conker's Bad Fur Day but I don't know how well it runs. It's best just to emulate it on the PC.
It won't load on the Wii.

Last edited by Joom,

coopmaster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The options are for someone to remake it in a current 3d engine like unity for the 3ds, which i doubt because that would take a long time OR someone needs to build an emulator, from the looks of it, i doubt an emulator will ever be made because it would also take alot of time because of the arm chip. someone most likely would need to port alot of the code and make it work on the 3ds architecture which would take a fair amount of time. As of right now just play it on PC, thats your best option.

Reactions: stzy

Atro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2 HD remastered n64 games so far...

Seems legit.
For one, those aren't HD. For two, they're remakes made by a professional team of developers. It's a bit too much of an arduous task for the kind of people you'd find on GBATemp, dontcha think?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
3ds wouldn't be powerful enough to play it not even New 3ds would be powerful enough
n3DS might be able to run some N64 games well, Conker's BFD isn't one of them though. It's among the harder N64 games to emulate, because of Rare's custom µcodes (the code that controls how graphics are rendered)
For one, those aren't HD. For two, they're remakes made by a professional team of developers. It's a bit too much of an arduous task for the kind of people you'd find on GBATemp, dontcha think?
Even if there were people willing to do it that had the time and dedication to see it through, they still wouldn't have the source code. It's not impossible to recreate a game engine from scratch using nothing more than documentation made by reverse engineering code (like nxengine for Cave Story), but it's a very rare thing for it to happen and it's almost always for simple 2D games.

ChaosEternal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not to mention they were coded natively, not emulated. Emulating a console is far, far more resource-intensive than simulating one or running a game natively.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended