lostdwarf

OP
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
What can bootmii as an IOS really do?

i cant install as bootmii as boot 2 on my new wii. I'm just wondering if it is any use as ios at all... for anything?
i have done advanced searching but none of the posts (there are lots) go in depth as to what you can do with it as an ios.
my other wii has it as boot2 and works great, i understand why i cant put it as boot2 on the new wii, i just dont know the advantages of having bootmii as an ios - verses not having it at all...
somebody must know...

(new wii = sys menu 3.4 hbc, cios rev 9, bootmii as IOS, PAL)

jackdanielchan

Trophies
XP
Country
IOS is practically the same as Boot2 however the IOS must be accessed using the HBC this cannot prevent you from brick unless you have Preloader installed, and acceess Homebrew Channel from there. The benefit of Boot2 is that it boots directly as you turn on your console, allowing recovery from bricks using the system restore, so it is advised for both to be installed however Boot2 does have the upper hand...

lostdwarf

OP
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
so bootmii as an IOS is useless on its own?
so on my new wii with bootmii as ios i can just install preloader and gain access to hbc then bootmii to do nand restore if needed??
i read somewhere that this is not entirely safe... am i wrong?

just browsing the forums i see people saying preloader is at 3.0 but i can only find 2.9...

ps thanks for the quick reply

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Preloader 0.30 has been delayed due to the new HBC ID being changed to JODI from HAXX. Also the hacks.ini has to be redefined (I've read) as the only 4.2 hacks at the mo is for blocking of deletion of old HBC and DVDX

I missed anything?

lostdwarf

OP
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
ah ok...
my new wii is system menu 3.4 so i can just use preloader 2.9 right? and the hacks.ini for sys menu 3.4 is that right? will the hbc still be named HAXX on this? or will it have changed via auto update? (this is how i got bootmii as ios/and dvdx)

lostdwarf

OP
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
bazamuffin said:
Unless you used the new hackmii installer beta 5, your HBC title should be HAXX. So using Preloader 0.29 and 3.4 hacks.ini will be fine

i installed bootmii/ios through the HBC update installer... 2 days ago... will that be the new beta 5??? i think i'll get any title deleter to see what the HBC is called (dont worry i am not deleting anything... just reading a title)

thankyou for the advice everyone, this has all been very helpfull.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, no sabría cómo decirte