can some one tell me if im right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexrose

Untitled
Trophies
XP
Country
Even if you took the meaning of that idiom literally you'd still be wrong. If "you are what you eat" and you ate pork, taking it literally you'd be pork. There's no such noun as "dead". You can't "eat a dead".

However, even literally I suppose most of you is what you eat, since your body takes everything you eat and uses it to make new cells (but of course things like oxyhaemoglobin uses what you breathe, and you can also drink etc. etc.)

But then again, a lot of you is dead. Try rubbing your hands on the bone the fingers come out of together fast for a bit and look at all the dead skin you burn off.

Reactions: 3 people

nukeboy95

Old skool member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even if you took the meaning of that idiom literally you'd still be wrong. If "you are what you eat" and you ate pork, taking it literally you'd be pork. There's no such noun as "dead". You can't "eat a dead".

However, even literally I suppose most of you is what you eat, since your body takes everything you eat and uses it to make new cells (but of course things like oxyhaemoglobin uses what you breathe, and you can also drink etc. etc.)

But then again, a lot of you is dead. Try rubbing your hands on the bone the fingers come out of together fast for a bit and look at all the dead skin you burn off.
thank you

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The phrase "you are what you eat" is closely related to the tech phrase "GIGO" or Garbage In, Garbage Out.
If you fill your computer with useless junky crap, then you're going to get a lot of useless junky crap out of it. Same holds true for your body. This is why it makes sense to pay attention to what you're eating, how it was raised, how it was prepared, et cetera.

You're not going to be nearly as healthy on a diet of potato chips (crisps) and chicken nuggets as you would be on grilled chicken and mashed potatoes.

Reactions: 1 person

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Well you could get rid of the mash potato too and replace it with a selection of vegetables

Hmm, boiled potato vs fried veg.... which is the winner there? The potato is full of starch and carbs and nothing much else. The veggies have got all your nutrients but they've been fried in oil.

Paarish

Connor's Nublet
Trophies
XP
Country
This thread is too serious for the EoF! ;O;
Needs more spam!
gallery_195249_221_23553.jpg

Happy now? B-)

Reactions: 2 people
Status
Not open for further replies.