Hacking Can Sky3DS + Ninjhax allow me to change my 3DS's region?

LordStarkiller

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wondering since the game Dragonball Heroes Ultimate Mission 2 has updates that have to be downloaded from the eshop.

Alternatively if I cannot do that is there a way for me to get the updates on my 3DS so I can install them?

My SysNand is 9.7.0-25U.

Last edited by LordStarkiller,

LordStarkiller

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm still figuring out what those two are but from what I've read EmuNand is only on Gateway so I would have to use SysNand though I hear that's very risky and can brick my 3DS.

Also how can I install .cia files?

EmceeKerser

Trophies
XP
Country
Wait Im confused

So are you running 9.7 on your sysnand?
Do you have a gateway? Because emunand is not gateway exclusive. But judging from your lack of knowledge concerning what an emunand is, I dont think you're running one.

If you're on 9.7 you cant install cias. You wont be able to update your out of region game without exploits

It would be beneficial if you actually posted your setup in the OP when starting threads

A_Random_Guy

Officially That Dev
Trophies
Website
n3dshack.weebly.com
XP
Country
Malaysia
I'm still figuring out what those two are but from what I've read EmuNand is only on Gateway so I would have to use SysNand though I hear that's very risky and can brick my 3DS.

Also how can I install .cia files?

In order to install CIA, you need a CFW, which is you can't due to your on SysNAND 9.7. Exploit needed for CFW has been patch on 9.3+

SysNAND = Your 3DS System OS. (This thing is on the 3DS hardware)
EmuNAND = Your copy of 3DS System OS on the SDCARD. (On the SDcard) Not Gateway exclusive

LordStarkiller

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait Im confused

So are you running 9.7 on your sysnand?
Do you have a gateway? Because emunand is not gateway exclusive. But judging from your lack of knowledge concerning what an emunand is, I dont think you're running one.

It would be beneficial if you actually posted your setup in the OP when starting threads

I apologize, the realm of 3DS hacking is still rather new to me and I've been coming off of PSP hacking so I'm having to learn new terms.

My SysNand is 9.7.0-25U and I do not.

Pewfish

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Apologies for the hijack, but I'm in a similar-ish situation to OP's case.

Was thinking of getting CN + (EU) MK7 to local play with my wife's EU 3ds. What about I update the cart on her 3ds, will that count?

usernametaken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apologies for the hijack, but I'm in a similar-ish situation to OP's case.

Was thinking of getting CN + (EU) MK7 to local play with my wife's EU 3ds. What about I update the cart on her 3ds, will that count?

Updates are stored on the system, not the cartridge itself. So no, it won't work.

Pewfish

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Quite the pity... I can play multiplayer online but not locally. Region lock logic xD

Thanks! I guess I'll sit tight and wait for new exploits to come out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: quite a tight bend on that 8pin->12pin adapter in my case, which is the worst case scenario, but...