Hacking Can r4i 3ds brick the system? Or should I get a DSi instead

ReDDs3D

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Hi! New to this forum, and it seems pretty awesome, a forum that finally supports homebrew that isn't dead.

But my question is that right now I'm in Asia for a few years, and I was going to go back home to Canada for a few weeks and I was thinking I should pick up a 3DS.

I haven't played any DS games or 3DS games , I've mostly been a PSP and Wii user, but I really wanna DS as to play the DS Pokemon games which I am badly craving (hardcore pokemon fan), and other games as well (chrono trigger, mario kart, etc.). When I go back to canada, I only have enough money saved up to get a Console (either 3DS or DSi) and maybe one cheap game...

When I go back, I'll only have the system with me, and where I live in Asia, 3DS games are either REALLY expensive, and they are of a Japanese region, so my only option is to import, which being expensive I cannot. I was thinking for the time I'm in asia for maybe a year or two more, I should just get an r4 and strictly play DS games (since they are sold alot here, along with the fake nds carts which are really cheap).

My question is that should I get a 3DS right now if I wanna play strictly DS games (through r4 or fake carts) for the next few years, or should I get a DSi. I know the r4i works fine with no problems on DSi, but on the 3ds, there is news on the internet that it can brick your system, which I really don't want to happen.

So what should I pick up?

Also, I know DS games look blurry and such on a 3ds. Do they still look fine, or is it really bad looking compared to DS.

Thanks!

ReDDs3D

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
it looks blurry but i think they still look great...
Thanks but...

My question is that should I get a 3DS right now if I wanna play strictly DS games (through r4 or fake carts) for the next few years, or should I get a DSi. I know the r4i works fine with no problems on DSi, but on the 3ds, there is news on the internet that it can brick your system, which I really don't want to happen.

PriMieon

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thanks but...

i dont think the r4 will ever brick the 3ds... and the 3ds only cost a bit more but i would never update the 3ds or dsi... i would get 3ds

ReDDs3D

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Thanks but...

i dont think the r4 will ever brick the 3ds... and the 3ds only cost a bit more but i would never update the 3ds or dsi... i would get 3ds

Ok cool 3DS it is. Also, the r4 I plan to get, i'm not sure if it's legit or not. So basically Im in China, and there's all kinds of r4 cards here for around maybe 6 or 7 CAD/USD so are they legit, or are they dangerous?

PriMieon

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thanks but...

Ok cool 3DS it is. Also, the r4 I plan to get, i'm not sure if it's legit or not. So basically Im in China, and there's all kinds of r4 cards here for around maybe 6 or 7 CAD/USD so are they legit, or are they dangerous?
buy the officcial r4igold...but i dont know what it is

pyromaniac123

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks but...

buy the officcial r4igold...but i dont know what it is

Official r4igold? I lol'd.

bowser

Mwa ha ha ha!
Trophies
XP
Country
India
I think you should get a DSi. 3DS is new and will receive a lot of system updates that will block your flashcart and it's possible that you won't be able to update the cart to work on the 3DS after a system update. Don't think you won't update the 3DS because there's a lot of free stuff that you might want to download but will be forced to update first.

The DSi is near the end of its life cycle and the only updates it will receive will be flashcart blocking ones so you won't update anyway. Plus DS games look better on the DSi than on the 3DS.

ReDDs3D

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
No I really don't plan on updating my 3DS as of now if I get one. That free stuff wont really matter to me (seeing as I'm getting free ds games and such ^__^) I would only update once I go back home and am able to purchase legit 3ds games, but that's a year away so....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: hi