Can pre genesis wave archie sonic one shot everything in game sonic

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by Yil, Sep 21, 2016.

1. Yil
    OP

Yil GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Feb 19, 2014
    Canada
    No chaos emeralds.
    Also is an archie focused game viable.

Last edited by Yil, Sep 21, 2016
  2. Chary

Chary Never sleeps

pip Reporter
    GBAtemp Patron
    Chary is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 2, 2012
    United States
    Would a game based off the old cartoon/comics be great? Yes. Would SEGA ever bother, especially after the whole Ken Penders thing? Unlikely.

3. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Guru

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Should i know or care what this part is about since i like "GOOD" sonic games? I never read comics, i seen them, and know they exsist cause of sonic mega collection/gems collection but actually buying one? Not me, even the dozens of ones on google play i wouldn't. I mean sonic games now and day already had too much story, i just want my game full of action, i don't mind the talking and voice action, if is kept short like sonic adventure, and sonic colors and such, just no unnecessairly over the top story like Sonic secret rings, sonic unleashed, sonic black knight, and sonic ..... *sigh* 2006. Give me cartoon sonic, i want 4th wall breaks, i want self awareness of their existence, witty dialog and funny stuff, much like how sonic boom is, or how 1990 sonic cartoons were. :)

4. osaka35

osaka35 Instrucional Designer

Nov 20, 2009
    United States
    Silent Hill
    just looking at the wikipedia and google, it looks like he did work on sonic comics, created characters for the comic, then fought to retain rights to those characters after he left. He won. So Sega/archie cannot use those characters in their stories (I'm not sure which ones. probably none you've heard of/care about). And there's other drama-lama stuff, but that's the gist.

Archie fired its legal team as a result, too. :rofl2:

Last edited by osaka35, Sep 21, 2016
  5. Sonic Angel Knight

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Oh well i never really had interest in the comics, besides the crossover with megaman, WHEN THE HELL IS THAT GAME GONNA BE MADE? AFTER I DIE? :hateit:

6. Yil
    OP

Yil GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Feb 19, 2014
    Canada
    Well boom is not stopping any time soon.
    Archie is at least better than boom.

7. Sonic Angel Knight

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    I actually watch sonic boom and enjoy it. But i can't say the same for the games, since i have no intention of playing them. Well sonic boom 3DS does have a 2 games so maybe i should consider, one is good, why else would a second be made, is the wii u game everyone should avoid.:rolleyes: