Homebrew Can "Power Buttoning" out of a Title and then Powering Off damage emuNand?

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
OP
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
I was in the Nintendo Zone viewer, when I pressed the Power Button to enter the Shutdown Screen and Power Off the console quickly, but I cannot enter emuNand anymore. It always shows black screens instead of loading the HOME Menu. No, I don't have menuhax inside emuNand, yes, the Nands are unlinked, and everything worked fine until this. The NZone Viewer was displaying an error message when I entered the Shutdown Screen.
Console: New 3DS (Reg.)
Firmware (sysNand): 9.2
Firmware (emuNand): 10.5
Firmware/Console Region: EUR
emuNand CFW: ReiNand (Latest)

MajinCubyan

The Funky Super Saiyan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Better suited for the Flashcards & Custom Firmware section of the forums.

To answer your question; I've done this many times, not in Nintendo Zone, but I have never encountered a problem like that. Not too sure how to fix it other than saying I hope you have a recent backup of your emunand. Cause if you do, you can just reinject it using Emunand9.

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
OP
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
I hope you have a recent backup of your emunand. Cause if you do, you can just reinject it
Well, I do have a backup from a couple of days ago, but I really don't want to lose my Terraria and Triforce Heroes save. :(

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Huh. Weird. It worked now. Guess it just needed a little rest instead of rapid rebooting and prayers. :rofl2:

Reactions: MajinCubyan

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Well, I do have a backup from a couple of days ago, but I really don't want to lose my Terraria and Triforce Heroes save. :(

Huh. Weird. It worked now. Guess it just needed a little rest instead of rapid rebooting and prayers. :rofl2:
The success rate is not 100% for booting CFW. Sometimes you'll be unlucky and get several black screens in a row ;)

Reactions: MajinCubyan

MajinCubyan

The Funky Super Saiyan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Oh awesome! I'm glad it worked out for ya!

The success rate is not 100% for booting CFW. Sometimes you'll be unlucky and get several black screens in a row ;)

It's funny, cause I read that all the time and I have never not once had an issue booting reinand. Hope I never do.

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
OP
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
Sometimes you'll be unlucky and get several black screens in a row ;)
I see. I just freaked out, because it never failed to load, and now I got three or four black screens in a row.

Oh awesome! I'm glad it worked out for ya!
Thanks. ^_^

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1