Hacking Can playing pirated games brick your wii?

zeromac

Finally reached 1000 posts EXACTLY
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well I've finally decided to finish hacking my wii but i forgot what i was upto.. I think i installed ciosrev20 or something, which was the one where you had to remove stubs?

Well i was wondering what was the ways you could brick a wii so i know what i can avoid.'

Can playing isos on a wii brick it?

Solution
no you cant brick a wii playing pirated games althought its recommended that you backup games you OWN u can brick a wii installing bad wad files or the wrong system menu or installing something and you have no clue what it does and why you are doing it

Kaosu-Noko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no you cant brick a wii playing pirated games althought its recommended that you backup games you OWN u can brick a wii installing bad wad files or the wrong system menu or installing something and you have no clue what it does and why you are doing it

Solution

w!!

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Region of ISOs doesn't matter either. HOWEVER, as kaosu-noko said... installing WAD files (wiiware/vc games) does have a small risk of bricking the system unless you emulate the nand using sneek and install them there. You can force PAL/NTSC based on the tv you have, most loaders auto select.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all