Hacking Can people stop: "______ Won't run" Threads!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

forbore

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Since the release of SoftMii, it seems like it's become too easy to hack your Wii and people/noobs don't read the guides/threads and they won't stop doing stupid "This won't run!" or "That won't run" threads!!! It is really annoying! Can people stop making these threads? Also, they are always talking about the SAME games! Maybe we should have another subforum for backup help that way people would stop spamming forums about HACKING!!!
mad.gif

forbore

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
donchen said:
0ops.... somebody is having a bad day... =X
biggrin.gif
... It's not that I'm having a bad day, it's that you can't find what you're really looking for (Wii hacking), cause people won't stop making the SAME threads about games...
biggrin.gif

Offtopic: We have the same # of posts!
biggrin.gif
Ha! Ha!

Kree_boy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I just joined and i agree....reading the sarcasm is getting a little old and not as funny....although there are those stand out threads...like the guy that deleted all his IOS's...now that was funnny..

Plus the threads that are good read get bumped back to page 2 for BS reasons...
wacko.gif

oneleggedjack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think noobs should have to take a test to be able to post a new topic, they should be limited to stickies only.... but in all reality that would never work. So the best advice I could give to you is... to help the noobs out, and not like the ass wipes, who are all like "USE THE DAMN SEARCH BUTTON!" that is really discouraging, makes you want to leave and never come back. If you help them out everything is all good... I guess it all boils down to acceptance, acceptance is key!
lecture.gif

Edit: if acceptance is out of the question, then I would suggest some good weed. You wont really care after that.

forbore

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Kree_boy said:
I just joined and i agree....reading the sarcasm is getting a little old and not as funny....although there are those stand out threads...like the guy that deleted all his IOS's...now that was funnny..

Plus the threads that are good read get bumped back to page 2 for BS reasons...
wacko.gif
Oh that was one of the greatest threads ever(Best one is Arm's demodulator thread)! The admin should do a subforum... I guess I can only help them now...

donchen

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
off-topic:
Yeah.. same number! Woohoo!

On topic:
I guess sometimes they are just too lazy to do a search... maybe we can encourage them to use the NOOB QUESTION sticky....

oneleggedjack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
truth be told.. i never noticed the stickies, it's just that I visit so many forums that when I see them my brain is like, oh yah that's the boring ass rules... now let's post a topic (noob at heart)

Wiiownzzz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember being on a forum that whenever you make a new thread it will take the words from your topic title and do a quick little search for you and have a little recommendation box under it. Like if someone were to make a topic title and then start typing on the main passage there will be a a little box saying "try these first". It was really helpful.

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oneleggedjack said:
truth be told.. i never noticed the stickies, it's just that I visit so many forums that when I see them my brain is like, oh yah that's the boring ass rules... now let's post a topic (noob at heart)

well, THERE is the problem.

noobs should learn to read the stickies and use the search function. i guess thats whya they are called NOOBS! lol

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Getting people to stop posting "noob" questions as you say is like trying to stop people from asking for a pokemon game translation when the english version has already been announced.

priapism

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the search function works sometimes but in some cases it will point you to a thread with like 30 pages and the answer isn't always on the first few pages. sometimes it is must easier, if you have a simple question, to just post a new topic. hopefully somebody will answer the question, nobody else will post in the thread, and the thread will gradually fade deep into the forums back pages.

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Even if you tell noobs what to do, they only understand what they want to understand. In other words, they are retard and this post is useless
frown.gif

referencer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
oneleggedjack said:
like the ass wipes, who are all like "USE THE DAMN SEARCH BUTTON!" that is really discouraging, makes you want to leave and never come back.
GOOD. That is the point.
If you come into the boards with a question unrelated to them while failing to search for the EIGHT MILLION BILLION threads on the exact same thing, I think it's safe to say that your participation is no longer wanted.
Maybe if they all get discouraged and leave we can start talking about actual homebrew with people who are actually interested in homebrew again instead of "HOW CAN I PLAY WII FIT WITHOUT A BALANCE BOARD OR A WIIMOTE OR A WII".

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
To me the most annoying point in this is people thinking region free gaming is "solved" or whatever. Some of the old games and most of the new games can only be played in the video mode of the region they are made for. If a PAL game on a NTSC Wii "doesn't work" is totally different from a PAL game on a PAL Wii not working. And works but with wrong colors or the falling screen issue means the game works, but with wrong colors!.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
donchen said:
I guess sometimes they are just too lazy to do a search... maybe we can encourage them to use the NOOB QUESTION sticky....
Well I have to admit that every noob that sent me a PM (and this goes into the 1000's at this stage) I told to post their questions on a thread ... they all seem to think that means 'Make a new thread' ... but it also means im guilty for getting the noobs adding to the spam on here.
If i decide to empty my message box again ill be directing them to the noob thread.

*Off topic*... Coby 512 SD card thread ... http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=114702&st=0 (dont let it die ever !)

SilverSurfR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So that's the infamous thread... You should have warned me not to be drinking anything when I started reading that...

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
To me the most annoying point in this is people thinking region free gaming is "solved" or whatever. Some of the old games and most of the new games can only be played in the video mode of the region they are made for. If a PAL game on a NTSC Wii "doesn't work" is totally different from a PAL game on a PAL Wii not working. And works but with wrong colors or the falling screen issue means the game works, but with wrong colors!.

Lmao WiiPower ... neee something to scratch that itch ?
Dont think i have ever seen you losing it over someone hitting a nerve - you have done so well to keep everything bottled up until now .. dont let them get to you man ... use the force.

SilverSurfR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:

Region Free is work 100%. I play free game from same region my wii work 100%.

Just kidding man. My english isn't that bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjK2lPBzGzo