Can PAL Wii game saves work for NTSC Wii games?

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by Link5084, Jun 30, 2010.

Jun 30, 2010
  1. Link5084
    OP

Member Link5084 Sword & Shield at your service

United States
    I have the PAL version of NSMB and want to get rid of it for the NTSC version, but would my PAL game save work for the NTSC version?

2. nIxx

Member nIxx GBAtemp Maniac

Germany
    Usually some game saves are compatible and others not (you can´t say it for sure) but i´m not sure about NSMB and you will need to use a tool like Waninkoko´s Savegame Manager.

3. Link5084
    OP

Member Link5084 Sword & Shield at your service

United States
    So how would I use the Savegame Manager to make the PAL save file compatible with the NTSC version? Can you give me step by step instructions?

4. resincake

Member resincake GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Its not difficult to do, to be honest, just lengthy to explain. However, myself and many others I have noticed, have answered this exact question many times on these forums, just for other game titles. The process is the same though.

So, to save another lengthy explanation, search (in the Wii section of these forums) for something like 'convert save game' or 'ntsc to pal savegames', etc..

You get the idea, thsre are definately a fair few posts about converting saves on the Wii, and I'm certain some werent that long ago, at all. Basically, take a bit of time to search here, the answer as 100% been posted a few times.

Good Luck with it.

5. resincake

Member resincake GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Just looked. About 3 pages back on this forum, in a topic called 'convert save game US To PAL' I gave the step-by-step answer. :>

I would just paste the URL but I am posting this reply through the Wii browser, so I don't see it.