Gaming Can only play Gamecube games or games that arent too taxing on my wii

karte34123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Hey so like, ik i posted a "solution" to my old problem of my wii freezing on my old post but after a while that solution didnt worked either, and i found out that my wii for some reason, cant run games that are too taxing on it, i cant play newer games like mario galaxy 2 or skyward sword bc theyll just freeze, and i can really only play either, old games that dont really seem to push the system too far, ports of gamecube games and gc games, i got no clue why this is happening and if someone could help me out there thatd be great, bc rn this wii is just pretty a slimer gamecube

StrayGuitarist

A genuine feline disaster.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In that thread, you mentioned the DVD drive being broken. When trying to play a physical copy of a game, how does it react? Does the motor still work (I.E, the game will go in like normal and you can hear the drive spinning but it doesn't read) or does it no longer accept discs going in at all.. Or do the discs go in, and just not spin up at all?

karte34123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
In that thread, you mentioned the DVD drive being broken. When trying to play a physical copy of a game, how does it react? Does the motor still work (I.E, the game will go in like normal and you can hear the drive spinning but it doesn't read) or does it no longer accept discs going in at all.. Or do the discs go in, and just not spin up at all?
I use USB Loader gx to load my games, i dont really got any actual wii discs but whenever i put a regular disc inside it like a movie or something it goes in normally and i can hear it spin for a bit, and i can also eject it just fine

oml edit
i also forgot to mention i use nintendont to play my gc games

Last edited by karte34123,

StrayGuitarist

A genuine feline disaster.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use USB Loader gx to load my games, i dont really got any actual wii discs but whenever i put a regular disc inside it like a movie or something it goes in normally and i can hear it spin for a bit, and i can also eject it just fine

Alright. And you're loading games off of a USB stick connected to the topmost (when horizontal) USB port on the Wii, yes?

karte34123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
havent really tried opening it yet, but it isnt overheating the fan also works fine and it keeps its cool even after a bunch of hours

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

ive seen something bout the hollywood chips weld breaking causing the issue for someone, but i really just wanna try everything i can before opening the console itself since im like super clumsy and im not really like that good at opening consoles and stuff

oml edit
the person that had the trouble had it with both gc games and wii games

Last edited by karte34123,

karte34123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Is the Wii overheating? Have you tried changing the thermal paste on the processor?
i just opened the wii and theres nothing wrong with the thermal paste or the chip i was talking bout, i fr got like no clue whats going on with this wii maybe is the CIos? idk really i dont know that much bout em

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.