Hacking can old R4 card play new games?

blueagent004

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
003qEoU.jpg

my cousin wants to buy this used ds-i console and he asked me if the old R4 card seen in the photo can run newer games. (he got the photo from the seller's listing)

well i honestly have no idea because i'm not an NDS gamer and i've never owned an NDS before in my entire life, or the R4 for that matter.

so does anyone know if old R4 cards can play new games?

thanks for the help!

Last edited by blueagent004,

blueagent004

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
do you think i should i tell my cousin not to buy it? you're absolutely sure that it doesn't work right?

if i tell him not to buy it he's going to blame me later, i don't know what to do.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do you think i should i tell my cousin not to buy it? you're absolutely sure that it doesn't work right?

if i tell him not to buy it he's going to blame me later, i don't know what to do.
Ok don't tell him and he will still blame u

blueagent004

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
the problem is that i bought him all his consoles and games back then so he grew up thinking i'm some sort of wizard, even though i barely know anything about games.

Wood%20R4%20Kernel%20Installation.jpg

anyways the seller told him that "yeah the r4 works with all the new games", so i've been doing some research and people are saying that you can update old R4 card to WOOD R4 firmware, is this about right?

KevinLSX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the problem is that i bought him all his consoles and games back then so he grew up thinking i'm some sort of wizard, even though i barely know anything about games.

Wood%20R4%20Kernel%20Installation.jpg

anyways the seller told him that "yeah the r4 works with all the new games", so i've been doing some research and people are saying that you can update old R4 card to WOOD R4 firmware, is this about right?

Yes, with wood firmware most if not all ds games would work but the r4 shown in the picture does not play on the dsi or 3ds.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr