Can not get a "clean" NAND to work with SNEEK

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by sweenish, Apr 29, 2010.

Apr 29, 2010
  1. sweenish
    OP

Member sweenish GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Using my own decrypted NAND dump, i have a working SNEEK+DI. However, I would like to be running it off of a "clean" NAND.

I've been using NUSD and showmiiwads to put together system menu 4.2U. at first, i only downloaded 4.2 and IOS 70 (decrypted, pack to wad). then i put the setting.txt into the sd:\title\~1\~2\data folder. letting it boot for nearly 20 minutes and it never gets past a black screen.

i'm currently trying something similar, the only difference is that i used NUSD to download a complete 4.2U.

every time i've tried this, it creates the other folders (import, shared2, etc.), but that's it.

again, SNEEK+DI works just fine when i decrypt my NAND and use that. i don't know why it can't build a new NAND for me.

i got my SNEEK using crediar's installer.

i also didn't post this into either of the giant threads, because they are giant. if an admin is able, we should probably have a sneek subforum to better address issues that people have.

2. ChokeD

Member ChokeD The Contributor

United States
    By the description of what you did to achieve your virgin nand you did not follow all the steps. Try reading the 1st post of both or either sneek thread and you'll find out what you did wrong.

Another sneek thread/subforum is not needed as people frequently visit and answer questions in both threads.

read the guide to compiling sneek thread, in it, it tells you exactly how to get achieve a virgin nand.

HINT: you left out an ios in showmewads. ios70 alone will not do.

3. sweenish
    OP

United States
    there are only two things to download. IOS 70 and the system menu. this is from your guide. and even so, i had NUSD do a complete system update, it downloaded 48 files and it still wouldn't build my NAND.

even though people get their questions answered in those two threads, one is 28 pages long while the other is 160. hardly a great way to look up info. especially for people just getting into it. the first post of the official SNEEK thread doesn't even get updated with tools and info.

your thread is fantastic, and i have been using it, but there just seems to be more information in those threads than what is easily accessible. so maybe a sub-forum is too much. but an easier way to get at some of the info would be much appreciated.

i'm also assuming that since i used the installer, that explains why i can't seem to get the game-select menu to come up?

4. ChokeD

United States
    hmm, could be. lot of people having problems with r80 have you reverted back to 79 as many have to see if that fixed it ??

temporarily name your sneek folder to /sneek1 and make a new folder called sneek, then compile a new sneek using

svn checkout http://sneek.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ sneek -79

at the comand prompt ???

5. sweenish
    OP

United States
    that's more of a curiosity. i'm fine with hex editing the slot.bin for now, since i'm only putting usb-problem games in there (Sam and max, monster hunter, mp:t).

my main issue is still that it refuses to build a clean NAND for me.

6. ChokeD

United States
    You know even when I built a clean nand as above described my wii would just freeze after 5 min and retain the black screen, then I would start it over by powering down and then up again, then starting it would bring me to a virgin start asking for setup things for the wii and then freeze at health screen and then I would have to power down again, but upon powering up it would give me everything including the di menu.

some have been less fortunate, maybe when crediar comes back a few of the bugs will get worked out eh ? [​IMG]

you tried uneek ???

7. Full Metal Kirby

Newcomer Full Metal Kirby Newbie

United States

8. ChokeD

United States

9. diego71102244

Newcomer diego71102244 Member

Spain
    i got the same problem as you do, this is the way i solve it, the first thing you should do is insert the sd card and wait about 10 minutes, it should creats the missing nand folders, then you have to look here http://code.google.com/p/wii-fsck/wiki/EssentialFiles and look for what files your new nand dump folders are missing, then take the files from your nand dump(the one you dumped from bootmii) and copy the missing files in the fresh new dump in their respective folders. and then restart the wii and then it should come up.

ps. how did you get sam and max(ios reloading game) to work?, everytime i try to play that game, i get a blackscreen after selecting a mission. and i did tried both sneek di rev79 and rev80.

10. sweenish
    OP

United States