Hacking can nintendo see what's on a fully bricked wii?

winner

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I were to send in a fully bricked wii (with HBC on it) to nintendo for repairs, would they be able to see that homebrew was on it?

When I say fully bricked, I mean only black screen (system menu was probably deleted).

Also, if they were somehow able to reinstall the system menu, would it be just like the way it was before it was bricked?

EtherealX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xzxero said:
dont worry about it, as long as your a paying customer they wont mind.

Yeah, they really don't care. Pay the dues and they fix it. They just run their diagnostic tools to get it back to normal, and don't really investigate why. (Imagine the workload.. doubt they got time to say "I'm sorry, we wont accept your money because, blank, blank, blank) I've sent a few newer Wiis in to get fixed (neighborhood console repair guy) with plenty of questionable content and not once did I hear about it.

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
it still wont matter because nintendo isnt going to see it, that 3rd party company is and they dont care, they just restore that wii back to normal and give you a replacement.

KaiWren

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Coming from a guy that just sent in his bricked wii to nintendo, they don't care. They'll send you a refurbished one, and anything you bought through the shop channel you can redownload for free. no saves, or anything else will be on the new one. I scored though, and got a wii i could install bootmii to boot2 on.

winner

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any way to recover the save data on the wii?

If not, will there probably be one in the near future?

Hooblah2u2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You probably don't have to worry about it, but I have heard of someone being charged an extra couple of bucks. Maybe just in case, I would drop it in some water
happy.gif

bin01

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
KaiWren said:
Coming from a guy that just sent in his bricked wii to nintendo, they don't care. They'll send you a refurbished one, and anything you bought through the shop channel you can redownload for free. no saves, or anything else will be on the new one. I scored though, and got a wii i could install bootmii to boot2 on.
Lucky one
ph34r.gif

kama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thc42O said:
buy an auto boot mod chip and fix it yourself.
I looked around and found Autoboot DriveKey, among other things. If I were to get one, what else would I need to unbrick a fully bricked Wii (Installed System Menu 3.2U WAD)

vergilite

GBATemps Regular Clown
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
kama said:
thc42O said:
buy an auto boot mod chip and fix it yourself.
I looked around and found Autoboot DriveKey, among other things. If I were to get one, what else would I need to unbrick a fully bricked Wii (Installed System Menu 3.2U WAD)

i believe since you deleted your system menu this won't help

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs