Can Nintendo remotly brick your Wii? 'cause it might have happene

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by pinesal, Aug 30, 2009.

1. pinesal
    OP

Member pinesal GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Ok so I needed to trade Wii friend codes with someone and I needed to enable Connect24 which I previously had disabled for security reasons. My Wii has a Cylowiz modchip and and have installed some form of Bootme. Well, I forgot to turn connect24 off and my Wii has been sitting a few day. I had the blinking, you have a messege, disc light but I never bothered to check it. Well today, I wanted to play Wii and my Wii won't start. It appears to power on and the disc drive makes noise but there is no picture or sound on the tv. The disc tray blinks...

What could have happened?

2. mikeyt1998

Member mikeyt1998 YouTube Glitcher

United Kingdom
    nintendo will not have bricked your wii. there hasnt been one report of this happening to anyone at all, i dont think they have the legal right to start bricking wii's without at least a little bit of warning.

what i suggest you do, is unplug it for a minute or two and give it a quick shake around, thats what i do when it stops working lol

and what do you mean, you installed 'some' of bootmii.

try taking out the SD card then starting the wii.

3. pinesal
    OP

United States
    Fast reply, I edited my post to say "some form of" bootme. Meaning I don't know which version it was. Also I added that the disc tray light blinks. I will try removing the SD card.

4. technom8t

Member technom8t GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    you installed some sort of bootmii LMAO sorry but sounds like user error, no chance Nintendo Bricked your Wii, trust mii, what was the very last thing u did on your wii before powering down?

5. pinesal
    OP

United States
    Bootme was installed months ago.

So removing the SD card did the trick and it boots. So is it a bad SD card then?

Feel dumb making a thread with such and easy solutions. Thanks for the help though!

6. technom8t

Member technom8t GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    dont feel dumb mate, one mans simple error is another mans solution!