Homebrew Can Ninjhax be started through a Gateway?

vgambit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a US copy of Cubic Ninja and a Japanese New 3DS LL. If I were to get a Gateway, would I be able to load Ninjhax by loading a rom of Cubic Ninja?

NCDyson

Hello Boys...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, That's how I test stuff on ninjhax (to ensure compatibility, and since it's easier to use hbloader/ftpony than to build .cias and reinstall them every time.
Though, I'm not sure if anyone else has this problem, but I have to re-do the exploit every time since it prevents you from going back to the home menu and the game doesn't save correctly.

You can also do it from a .cia, but I've had weird glitches with that, for example half the geometry in 3dscraft doesn't render, and it usually freezes when I try to exit.

vgambit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seeing as how a Japanese copy of Cubic Ninja costs about the same as a Gateway, I might as well just get the Gateway. Thanks for the info!

titegtnodI

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have tried doing that many times

Strange, maybe ask in IRC (#3dsdev on Efnet and Freenode). My Gateway should be here in a few days - a week, I'm on 9.2.0-20U so I'll test it out and report it if it doesn't work for me.

Also to clarify, what do you mean by "doesn't boot"?

Rinnux

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Strange, maybe ask in IRC (#3dsdev on Efnet and Freenode). My Gateway should be here in a few days - a week, I'm on 9.2.0-20U so I'll test it out and report it if it doesn't work for me.

Also to clarify, what do you mean by "doesn't boot"?

It starts loading ninjhax, gets to 40%, then the screen goes black and it starts up the web browser. At that point all I can do is hold the power button until it shuts off. Anything else and the console freezes.

titegtnodI

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It starts loading ninjhax, gets to 40%, then the screen goes black and it starts up the web browser. At that point all I can do is hold the power button until it shuts off. Anything else and the console freezes.

I passed your information on to IRC, I'll let you know if I hear of any new developments. Did 1.1 not b work for you?

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I do have a weird issue where it will retain the previous version of Ninjhax despite deleting the save and installing the new 1.1b version. It seems to retain the new version after 3 or 4 scans, but it's strange that the original Ninjhax file should still exist at all after deleting the save.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool