Can Netflix be added as game like icon in CFG?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Rockstead, Feb 4, 2014.

1. Rockstead
    OP

Rockstead GBAtemp Regular

Sep 10, 2013
    Canada
    I currently have the Wii setup perfectly kid proof, it boots up straight to CFG and even if the kids try to exit the game, it boots right back to CFG and there is no way for them to get to the Wii Menu.

I would like to give them the ability to use Netflix from the Wii but keeping it perfect the way I have it setup, is that doable ?

The only way I see how is if Netflix could be added to CFG as a game type icon?

2. Clarky

Clarky Don't you know who I think I am?

Oct 4, 2007
    United States
    Won't please you but if you use the likes of usb loader gx or wii flow you can launch other channels from there like netflix

3. Hyperstar96

Hyperstar96 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 1, 2009
    United States
    You could try to find an old Netflix Wii disc and burn the ISO, otherwise I'm not sure how easy/hard it is to convert a Wii channel to an ISO.

I know there are other loaders like USB Loader GX that also let you load NAND (or emuNAND) channels. You could use one of those and hide everything that isn't Netflix or games.

EDIT: There's also a program called wad2iso that you could try. I haven't actually used it, though, so forgive me if it doesn't answer your problem.

4. Fishaman P

Fishaman P Speedrunner

Jan 2, 2010
    United States
    Wisconsin
    The term you're looking for is "forwarder". You just make an ISO that launches the Wii channel.

I don't have any links for you, but I don't remember info being hard to find.

5. Luigi2012SM64DS

Luigi2012SM64DS G-old member

Banned
    Aug 27, 2011
    Canada
    Minecrapt
    This may be off topic, but maybe you can try postloader? It can load games from cfg and launcher homebrew on the sdcard. Ad you can access your titles on nand.

6. duffmmann

duffmmann GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 11, 2009
    United States
    I'd say make the change from CFG to Wiiflow (you'll still be able to completely kid-proof it) as it gives more options and makes what you're looking for here much easier as you can view specific channels and emulators and other stuff right from within Wiiflow. However, what you are looking for is indeed possible for CFG, I think its just easier and a little more pleasing on the eye to make the move to Wiiflow (I would know, I used CFG for 3 solid years before moving to Wiiflow over the past year, and overall I do like it more)

7. Rockstead
    OP

Rockstead GBAtemp Regular

Sep 10, 2013
    Canada
    So I found another thread that talked about this iso release Netflix.Channel.USA.Wii-OneUp_iNT. , so I would be able to run that in CFG and problem solved I think.