Can NDS (.ds) roms be installed on CFW (rxtools)? Without flashcard

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by sirgilmour, Jan 28, 2016.

1. sirgilmour
    OP

sirgilmour GBAtemp Regular

Jul 16, 2013
    Canada
    Is there a way to convert them in .cia or something that makes it possible to play them without a dstwo or r4 flashcard?
    Im talking about .ds titles, not .dsi to be precise.

2. dpad_5678

dpad_5678 GBAtemp's Memelord

Nov 19, 2015
    United States
    No, and they most likely and fortunately never will be.

HaloEffect17 likes this.
  3. Marko76

Marko76 GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Clydebank
    Here we go again the answer is the same as the thousands of other threads we have had on here asking G this question NO NO and No. Next time use the search at the top right of your screen and you would have found all the other threads asking your question

4. Robz8

Robz8 Coolest of TWL

Oct 1, 2010
    United States
    A few games with DSi extended headers (that are playable in DS mode) like "Mario vs Donkey Kong: Mini-Land Mayhem" can be converted to cia, and installed to HOME Menu, but when running it, it shows an error message.

5. HaloEffect17

HaloEffect17 Splatoon Fan

Jul 1, 2015
    Canada
    Agreed. First, Googling your question is a good way to figure out your answer. Not there? Search for it on GBAtemp to find an existing thread already made that may be similar to your question. If all else fails, then make a new thread.

Threads like these waste everyone's time and are more susceptible to getting sarcastic remarks from members. Just a little bit of advice for anyone that cares the slightest about forum etiquette. ;)

Last edited by HaloEffect17, Jan 28, 2016
    Marko76 likes this.
  6. sirgilmour
    OP

sirgilmour GBAtemp Regular

Jul 16, 2013
    Canada
    So far I have no problem installing dsi and gba roms, by installing them on both emunand + sysnand so that they work.
    Now, if it was in any way possible to make convert a .NDS title to a .DSI or any file that a cfw is ok with, it would be a step further.
    By the way I own a R4 and a DSTWO, but im looking for a way to do without them.
    I must say im intrigued with the dstwo plus, for snes roms to play perfectly but is it powerful enough to run games that pushed the console to its limit? like mario RPG, i would like to know befor paying 50$ for it. I also hear it runs dsi and gba titles smoothly so it would be easier than installing them twice.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

If i offend anyone by asking questions, then I am sorry to have wasted a minute of your life but it was your choice to click on my post or not, so i don't get it why people take it like it like i was looking to be mean

7. cvskid

cvskid GBAtemp Addict

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    Might be best to have info like this in big bold red letters on the front page so threads like this won't get made all the time.

HaloEffect17 likes this.
  8. duffmmann

duffmmann GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 11, 2009
    United States
    Just get a DS flashcard, my R4i Gold card was like $10, if that.

9. Vondosaurusrex

Vondosaurusrex Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 16, 2015
    United States
    got mine for $8 with an 8gb sd card included awhile back, though that eachmall deal is gone

10. Asia81

Asia81 In my Ecchi World <3

Nov 15, 2014
    France
    Albi