Hacking Can my ps3 be homebrewed?

FamousBug_

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Before anything I have about 60gb. Will that be enough to hack?

PS version: 4.83
Ps3 type: super slim
A few questions
1.) What size usb would I need (what type of usb aswell)
2.) Can I very legally get games
3.) Can I emulate gamecube or n64
4.) Can I still play online?
5.) Can I get mod menus in call of duty?

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
PS version: 4.83

There are currently no 4.83 exploits, I don't think anyone has any idea when there will be.

Super slims aren't great for homebrew in any case.

I would try to get a normal slim that can run CFW, which is on 4.82 or below.

Last edited by smf,

FamousBug_

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There are currently no 4.83 exploits.

Super slims aren't great for homebrew in any case.

Would I be able to downgrade to a latter version I do have another ps3 but it is my brother's but he has an Xbox one.

Tl;dr Can I downgrade? What versions can be hacked?

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Would I be able to downgrade to a latter version I do have another ps3 but it is my brother's but he has an Xbox one.

Tl;dr Can I downgrade? What versions can be hacked?

I'm not sure it's possible to downgrade a super slim at all. You certainly can't do it without an exploit, but then why would you need to downgrade.

The last good ps3 for hacking was the CECH-250x. Some of them can't run CFW though, it depends on when they were manufactured.

You ideally want one that is downgradable to 3.55 http://www.psdevwiki.com/ps3/Datecode

Until a 4.83 exploit comes out, I would avoid getting a downgradable one running 4.83 as you'd either have to buy hardware to downgrade it and risk breaking it, or pay someone to do it. If it's on 4.82 or earlier then you can hack it just using a browser exploit

Last edited by smf,

FamousBug_

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm not sure it's possible to downgrade a super slim at all. You certainly can't do it without an exploit, but then why would you need to downgrade.

The last good ps3 for hacking was the CECH-250x. Some of them can't run CFW though, it depends on when they were manufactured.

You ideally want one that is downgradable to 3.55 http://www.psdevwiki.com/ps3/Datecode

Until a 4.83 exploit comes out, I would avoid getting a downgradable one running 4.83 as you'd either have to buy hardware to downgrade it and risk breaking it, or pay someone to do it. If it's on 4.82 or earlier then you can hack it just using a browser exploit
Both are completely unhackable...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)