Hacking Can my bricked wii be fixed?

cksamurai

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Barbados
Hello to all, i have a wii that i bricked about a year ago while using Waninko 4.0 updater. I bought another wii after that learning from my mistake but i want know if the bricked one can be fixed. I have the nand backup i made with bootmii but the wii does'nt have a vulnerable boot1, i had bought an infectus 2 chip and i followed the tutorial made by DeadlyFoez with the wires connected using the vias. Everything seemed to be connected find and i had erased the nand chip but after using the chip with the infectus software, xavbox app and bushing amoxiflash, the infectus chip went hot and after that no longer was recognized in windows. Please tell me if the infectus software is really needed to reprogram the chip to nand flasher mode to be used and if using an infectus chip to do a full re-flash with the nand backup i have considering my wii does'nt have a vulnerable boot1. Please tell me if my hopes are futile so i will just throw the wii board into the garbage like the infectus chip and sell the wii drive because it can read dvd-r's unlike the newer wii's. Thanks for any replies offered.

cksamurai

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Barbados
Also i ios36 was not patched before or after the update hence i couldn't use any of those recovery disc or the savemii free way, it was a full brick with the black screen. Btw can an infectus chip be bricked?

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
Infectus chip can be bricked. but it sounds like you friend yours with a bad connection. If you plug the infectus into your computer and your computer does not recognize a usb device as being inserted then the infectus is dead.

You will not be able to save your wii unless you have a nand backup or the keys.

cksamurai

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Barbados
Mr. DeadlyFoez Sir, even though i dont have a vulnerable boot1 where bootmii is installed as an ios, but i have the bootmii backup with keys from the dead wii, i can still do a full nand flash with a new infectus chip. Should i stay away from the infectus software and just used xavbox or bushing's amoxiflash. Do i really need to program the infectus chip to nand mode? i just want to know if a full flash on the chip wii restore the wii to the working state with the backup i have regardless of a vulnerable boot. I really appreciate your reply. I did'nt know the infectus chip could've fried on me, explains why it just became so hot after i plug in the usb with no windows detection. I have to say i thought the vias method would've been more easier due to the fact i have no soldering skills, those dam wires kept popping out but everything was done according to the tutorial.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
Ok, the pictures aren't coming out right, so I will explain it like this.

Hold the ribbon cable so that the contact pins are facing towards you and the rest of the cable is going away from you.

There are 15 contacts on that ribbon cable. If you number then so that pin 1 is on the far left and pin 15 is on the far right, well then you need to cut pins 13 and 14, and then insert that end into the infectus side, not the usb side. That will cure the heat issue and it will be detected by windows now.

If you are still lost then I will make pics, but I will have to borrow someones camera that takes better pics.

cksamurai

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Barbados
thanks man, cell phone pics could work too, but will a full erase on the nand with an infectus do the job even though its a newer wii?

cksamurai

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Barbados
A thousand THANKS
cool.gif
cool.gif
cool.gif

Site & Scene News