Can my 3DS be hacked on this firmware?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by kbf, Apr 14, 2016.

1. kbf
    OP

kbf GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 7, 2008
    Canada
    10.6.0-31U.

Has they're been any updates on downgrading of CFW? I don't wanna have to buy anything physical to open anything up. It's asking me to update now so I figured i'd ask here and see if there's an easier solution to getting cfw working for backups.

2. axemurderer

axemurderer GBAtemp Regular

Sep 1, 2014
    United States
    Hoenn nostalgia town
    then you can't do anything. play the waiting game and learn to google.

hobbledehoy899 likes this.
  3. nl255

nl255 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 9, 2004
    Yes, you can downgrade to 9.2 and then either stop there and just use cfw via menuhax and emunand or go further and install a9lh which requires several more steps (downgrading to 2.1, dumping otp.bin, then restoring 9.2). In either case just follow this guide. If you don't want a9lh then stop after Part 3 (rednand).

https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

Note that you will need to buy either Cubic Ninja, Ocarina of Time + Powersaves, or a Sky3DS but you won't have to open anything up.

Last edited by nl255, Apr 14, 2016
  4. FenrirWolf

FenrirWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 19, 2008
    United States
    Sandy, UT
    Can't use browserhax on that version so the only option is to buy something physical.

5. regnad

regnad Button Masher

May 19, 2008
    Or alternately have a friend who isn't as cheap as you!

6. kbf
    OP

kbf GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 7, 2008
    Canada
    I will look into getting power saves for the 3DS. Thank you.

7. regnad

regnad Button Masher

May 19, 2008
    But seriously, do you have a friend with a 3DS at 10.5 or lower? Someone who hasn't used theirs in a couple of months perhaps?

You don't even need to really hack it. You just need to install HBL and use the browser, and you're in business for OoTHax.

8. nl255

nl255 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 9, 2004
    I assume you already have a physical copy of Ocarina of Time then? If not, then the US/Canada version can be had for about $30 CAD as they recently did a rerelease and didn't bother to patch oo3dhax. Just go here and click "buy physical"

9. aos10

aos10 look at me,shitposting about GW,i am so cool

Apr 10, 2012
    Saudi Arabia
  10. kbf
    OP

kbf GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 7, 2008
    Canada
    I'm planning on buying a power saves pro today.

Is this guide good to use? I have difficulty following written instructions so I figured a video may be better.

btw is this just to downgrade or to have the ability to add backups/ds games/emulators ect,

I went and got my powersaves but i'm still confused. When the guy in the video loads the files he selects "browserhax" does it matter which one I choose? and is this just for the downgrading process?

P.S: Can I play online with this?

Last edited by kbf, Apr 23, 2016