Can Mario Kart Wii Run On vWii?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by gunnerwinagain, Sep 8, 2013.

1. gunnerwinagain
    OP

gunnerwinagain Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 8, 2013
    Can someone confirm that mario kart wii runs on vwii and what usb loader its running on. If a back up was running on the wii does that mean it should be fine also on vwii, just having some trouble with some games.
    Thanks in advance

2. Yepi69

Yepi69 Vivid and busy gamer

Nov 29, 2010
    Portugal
    Behind you
    USB Loader GX can be installed on the Wii U and so can the cIOS now, so apparently you can.

3. gunnerwinagain
    OP

gunnerwinagain Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 8, 2013
    thanks for the reply. what about usb storage, does all the ones that worked on the wii work with the vwii?

4. Clarky

Clarky Don't you know who I think I am?

Oct 4, 2007
    United States
    some hdd's that are usb powered may need a y cable to power the hdd, besides that you should be ok

gunnerwinagain likes this.
  5. gunnerwinagain
    OP

gunnerwinagain Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 8, 2013
    ok well I dont know what it could be. on the wii didnt you have to install non-patched IOS36 to get it working. It gets to the safety screen then goes to a black screen and freezes like it did on the wii. reason I mention this is that I thought I read some where you cant do that with the vWii, is that right or do I have another problem.

6. joepassive

joepassive GBAtemp Regular

Aug 31, 2012
    Iceland
    I played 2 mario karts on vWii:

Original Mario Kart
    and Mario kart black edition
    works like a charm
    i have ios 236 installed, and CFG loader.

gunnerwinagain likes this.
  7. gunnerwinagain
    OP

gunnerwinagain Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 8, 2013
    installed that but no difference, what usb loader do you guys use? Im using sandisk cruzer micro usb flash drive which can only be found on cfg. could the usb drive be the problem even if some games do work? ive got new super mario bros & rapala pro bass fishing to work but not mario kart wii and deal or no deal the banker is back.

8. gunnerwinagain
    OP

gunnerwinagain Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 8, 2013
    I seem to have got them working now, I don't now if installing ios 236 & d2x beta53-alt helped but i think it probably did so thank you for the advice. The other thing I have to do with the ones that didn't work before is force pal 60, I don't get how that makes a difference as the WiiU & the back up are pal already, if any one knows why that would be the case please let me know.

9. DJPlace

DJPlace P!ssed OFF Pyscho of GBA!!

Apr 16, 2008
    United States
    i guess the age of disk is over...