Gaming can magical memory sticks turn ordinary later?

Dark_linis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think my psp is bricked but I'm not really sure.
To be safe I bought a pandora battery online but now I'm finding out I'll need to convert my memory stick to a magic memory stick.

What I want to know is if I turn my current normal memory stick into a magical one, would I be able to turn it back, or use it normally?
I tried finding a answer through google but it seemed people only cared about converting their batteries.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
myuusmeow said:
"Making it magical" just means putting certain files onto it. To "turn it back" you can just delete those files.

No it doesn't..it involves repartitioning the Memory Stick too. Therefore to totally restore a format is required.

raing3

CNET_Richard
Trophies
XP
Country
Repartitioning the memory stick is only required if the IPL which is going to be copied is larger than the space before the start of the volume partition... The IPL gets injected at 0x2000 of the memory stick and the Time Machine IPL is only ~16KB so in most cases a format of the Memory Stick is not required to inject the IPL. The only reason a format was required when Pandora was first released is because the IPL used was ~284KB.

Also since that data doesn't effect the PSP without a Pandora battery it is not required to format the memory stick to restore it to a normal memory stick.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
You obviously misunderstood my response....not only was i merely remarking that the above poster was incorrect in his assertion, but if you re-read my post you'll see i used the wording "totally restore". A Memory stick with the TM or Pandora IPL is still im part "magic".

Additionally many of MMS tools still used inject the Pandora IPL and not the TM one. Therefore the assumption you make about partition sizes is generalising a step too far.

The only way to totally restore a MS back to how it was pre-MMS installation is a format.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night