Homebrew Can legit CIA's be tied to your nnid?

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Sonansune

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes Legit Cias ARE TIED TO NNID

You install them go to eshop can uninstall them and go back to eshop to download
:blink:

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hmm, I read that you could elsewhere, but thanks for the help. So the only limitation to legit cia's are the ones that are available through bundles, correct?
yes, only a few

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes you can. eshop sees it as legit in every sense of the word. Once you install it, the VALID TICKET is a part of your ticket.db, until you do a system format.

But of course, it does not get associated with your NNID, so you can't install it to sysnand and expect to download it with emunand; you can absolutely delete it through data management, then visit the eshop and download it. But why? There's no point!

Edit: wait... I'm not so sure a system format clears ticket.db... the rest still applies.

Last edited by urherenow,

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Hmm, I read that you could elsewhere, but thanks for the help. So the only limitation to legit cia's are the ones that are available through bundles, correct?

Lessen the way Legit CIAS work.

They are PREinstalled on bundled consoles and are VALID SIGNATURES thats why they work on any console

Imagine if you bought a Majoras Mask 3DS XL and you factory reset it and lost the bundled game how else would you restore it

Sonansune

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes you can. eshop sees it as legit in every sense of the word. Once you install it, the VALID TICKET is a part of your ticket.db, until you do a system format.

But of course, it does not get associated with your NNID, so you can't install it to sysnand and expect to download it with emunand; you can absolutely delete it through data management, then visit the eshop and download it. But why? There's no point!
he wants to link it to nnid, and download on other console

Reactions: Daniel Sahr

Daniel Sahr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Now, another question I have is that I have Mario and Luigi: Dream Team, preinstalled on my 3ds and I assume thats tied to my nnid. Could any of this affect it?

he wants to link it to nnid, and download on other console
Nope, I don't. Just in the event that something happens to my current 3ds. It's kind of old and broken, so I wanted to know that if I lost it, I could get these back.

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Now, another question I have is that I have Mario and Luigi: Dream Team, preinstalled on my 3ds and I assume thats tied to my nnid. Could any of this affect it?

Nope, I don't. Just in the event that something happens to my current 3ds. It's kind of old and broken, so I wanted to know that if I lost it, I could get these back.
Weidly enough i just logged into eshop on my sysnand even though it had its ticket.db deleted and system formatted.

Eshop detects my MM preinstalled even though i never accessed eshop until 10.3 emunand on N3DS

Daniel Sahr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Weidly enough i just logged into eshop on my sysnand even though it had its ticket.db deleted and system formatted.

Eshop detects my MM preinstalled even though i never accessed eshop until 10.3 emunand on N3DS
Awesome, so this looks like it might work! thanks for the help!

rufuszombot

Assassin
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can confirm you can definitely redownload them. I installed a bunch on my sysnand when it was still up to date, then tied my NNID to a different 3DS and was able to download all of them again from the eShop.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

No. As said before, it's NOT tied to your NNID (it was on that system before there ever was an NNID associated with it). use decrypt9 to take a backup of your ticket.db. As long as you have that, you can always get it back with FunkyCIA2 and the -preinstalled option.

or just use the ISO place, since it will be the exact same thing...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: downloading a couple of puyo puyo ds games