Homebrew Can legit CIA's be tied to your nnid?

Halvorsen

Trophies
Website
halcove.com
XP
Country
United States
do you know why they are failing at 99%?
because the key to decrypt the contents is incorrect in the tickets/cia you installed.
because you are using 'bad' cias, cias not made with my tool FunkyCIA, or newer gui versions like GroovyCIA/CoffeCIA
cias made using these tools are good because the contents are never decrypted, we rely on the deccryption key in the ticket, not predecrypted contents like other cia creation techniques.

don't say you cannot unless you really understand what is going on!
I could ask the same to you. If you could download CIAs from the eShop EVRRY CIA would be a legit CIA. You literally just said you don't know and never tried. The download will fail at 99% because there's no ticket on the NAND that dictates that you physically bought the game FROM the eShop.

MelonGx

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Legit CIAs cannot be auto-logged to your e-shop ご利用記録 (Purchase list? Sorry I don't know it's official English name since I have no USA/EUR 3DSes) when you first logged in to e-shop.

But REAL pre-installed titles DO.

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I could ask the same to you. If you could download CIAs from the eShop EVRRY CIA would be a legit CIA. You literally just said you don't know and never tried. The download will fail at 99% because there's no ticket on the NAND that dictates that you physically bought the game FROM the eShop.
You're wrong I can install all 14 Legit CIA's delete them and redownload them all from the eShop

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Wrong. I've done it several times to prove a point. There IS a ticket on the nand when you install one, it just doesn't check for an NNID. It will work to 100% if you installed one without a jacked up ticket in the first place. In fact, if there was no ticket for it, FunkyCIA2 couldn't (or... just wouldn't?) possibly download it. Go ahead... dump your ticket.db from a nand with a legit .cia installed, then run FunkyCIA2 with the -preinstalled and -title flags.

You won't be able to system transfer them, but they will be redownloadable on your current 3DS.
You can transfer your ticket.db manually, and it will let you download. Not that there's a point in it if you have a .cia in the first place...

Last edited by urherenow,
Reactions: Xenon Hacks

MelonGx

Trophies
XP
Country
China
You're wrong I can install all 14 Legit CIA's delete them and redownload them all from the eShop
Every CIA adds a pre-install ticket to ticket.db unless you have already had that title with unique Console ID.

BTW, ticket added by installing CIA CANNOT BE DELETED FOREVER.
Although Nightly FBI says it has a ticket delete function, actually it doesn't work.

Last edited by MelonGx,

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Every CIA adds a pre-install ticket to ticket.db unless you have already had that title with unique Console ID.
I know i've messed with CIA's for a while I can install the pre installed titles thus adding them to my ticket and allowing me to redownload them until I perform a system format.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried (on cfw), no brick but nothing installed anymore, only slot-1 and any empty folders :)
Well... since you had the balls to play with it already, try again by leaving ticket.db in there, but zero byte the whole thing with a hex editor (without changing the size) and see if things will install afterwords.

MelonGx

Trophies
XP
Country
China
I know i've messed with CIA's for a while I can install the pre installed titles thus adding them to my ticket and allowing me to redownload them until I perform a system format.
Pre-install ticket added by installing CIA ETERNALLY exists even you perform system format.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Well... since you had the balls to play with it already, try again by leaving ticket.db in there, but zero byte the whole thing with a hex editor (without changing the size) and see if things will install afterwords.
I don't have Cubic Ninja or OOT, so until FBI is released as .bin I can't install anything with a blank or missing ticket.db!

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Legit CIAs cannot be auto-logged to your e-shop ご利用記録 (Purchase list? Sorry I don't know it's official English name since I have no USA/EUR 3DSes) when you first logged in to e-shop.

But REAL pre-installed titles DO.
Wrong. The .cia's you downloaded have bad tickets. or something else. I've done it several times. I even did a full MANUAL transfer of my o3ds (with legit cias installed) to my N3DS, including the ticket.db, and I was able to re-download every one of them from the redownloadable content section of the eshop. Pre-installed titles have ZERO to do with NNID, CONSOLE ID, OR ANYTHING ELSE. Either the ticket and signatures are good, or it/they aren't. End of story.

MelonGx

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Wrong. The .cia's you downloaded have bad tickets. or something else. I've done it several times. I even did a full MANUAL transfer of my o3ds (with legit cias installed) to my N3DS, including the ticket.db, and I was able to re-download every one of them from the redownloadable content section of the eshop. Pre-installed titles have ZERO to do with NNID, CONSOLE ID, OR ANYTHING ELSE. Either the ticket and signatures are good, or it/they aren't. End of story.
Pardon? Sorry my English is not very well. I don't get your steps.
You said you did a MANUAL transfer? Sorry it's not official System Transfer, which transfers not only your console identification but also server side identification.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have Cubic Ninja or OOT, so until FBI is released as .bin I can't install anything with a blank or missing ticket.db!
You don't have a nand backup to play with? Flash a working one with Decrypt9 or Emunand9. Or inject your ticket.db from one nand to the other.

MelonGx

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Legit CIAs don't have VALID SERVER SIDE LOGS.
Real pre-install titles DO.
This difference can be proved by viewing your e-shop log & may cause some punishments Nintendo haven't performed in the future.
End of my expression.

Last edited by MelonGx,
Reactions: cearp

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You don't have a nand backup to play with? Flash a working one with Decrypt9 or Emunand9. Or inject your ticket.db from one nand to the other.
Yeah, but your question was "can you install cias with a blank ticket.db?"
I don't know because I can't access an installer after emptying it!

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pardon? Sorry my English is not very well. I don't get your steps.
You said you did a MANUAL transfer? Sorry it's not official System Transfer, which transfers not only your console identification but also server side identification.
Wrong again. Your console identifiacation never gets transferred. Your NNID is unlinked from one console, and linked to the new one. That isn't the point. The point is that you can inject a ticket.db, and ONLY the ticket.db from one console to another, and if there is a valid ticket in there for a pre-installed game (which is neither tied to system NOR NNID), eshop will list it as redownloadable content.

Reactions: Xenon Hacks

MelonGx

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Wrong again. Your console identifiacation never gets transferred. Your NNID is unlinked from one console, and linked to the new one. That isn't the point. The point is that you can inject a ticket.db, and ONLY the ticket.db from one console to another, and if there is a valid ticket in there for a pre-installed game (which is neither tied to system NOR NNID), eshop will list it as redownloadable content.
This causes bricking. Tested.
Ticket.db is tied to console even it is from an official system transfer backup.

Last edited by MelonGx,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte