Homebrew Can legit CIA's be tied to your nnid?

Halvorsen

Trophies
Website
halcove.com
XP
Country
United States
Here. Legit CIAs do not get tied to your NNID, but you can redownload them from eShop unlike illegit CIAs. You also lose the ability to redownload if you use a different nand or console.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, post edited. I was also corrected half an hour ago. My understanding was that it would not be linked to one's NNID.
That understanding is correct though. The TICKET is the only thing that matters. You can drop your ticket.db into any system with any NNID, and any pre-installed games will happily download from the eshop. Purchaced games will not (of course).

Sonansune

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That understanding is correct though. The TICKET is the only thing that matters. You can drop your ticket.db into any system with any NNID, and any pre-installed games will happily download from the eshop. Purchaced games will not (of course).
magic sign:bow:

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Slightly off topic (in conjunction with ticket.db): If I want to send my 3DS in repair, is it enough if I restore a pre-A9LH NAND backup, then do a System Format?

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Slightly off topic (in conjunction with ticket.db): If I want to send my 3DS in repair, is it enough if I restore a pre-A9LH NAND backup, then do a System Format?

If you're super paranoid, I'd delete ticket.db (or inject a blank one) since I just refreshed my memory (looked at a decrypted nand dump) and verified that a system format doesn't clear the ticket.db. System format removes the /data/<ID1> folder and updates movable.sed, but /dbs is where ticket.db lives.

What if you just installed the legit CIA before linking a NNID to the console?
NNID has nothing to do with pre-installed (Read: legit.cia) games. At all.

Last edited by urherenow,

Daniel Sahr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're super paranoid, I'd delete ticket.db (or inject a blank one) since I just refreshed my memory (looked at a decrypted nand dump) and verified that a system format doesn't clear the ticket.db. System format removes the /data/<ID1> folder and updates movable.sed, but /dbs is where ticket.db lives.

NNID has nothing to do with pre-installed (Read: legit.cia) games. At all.
So to summarize, if I download a legit CIA, I can get the games permanently on my nnid.
EDIT: SORRY, I wasn't reading properly! Consider this closed.

Last edited by Daniel Sahr,

GreaterDog

A True Warrior, A Warning 9 Warrior
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
guys newb question : I download a friend system module on my 3ds so the update nag while playing pokemon wont come . It worked , but after 10.7 came in , its asking me to update again . Can I redownload the new friend system module on my 3ds again ?

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Thanks! Is it safe to simply delete it? Will the 3DS boot afterwards?

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
If you're super paranoid, I'd delete ticket.db (or inject a blank one)
oh no no, if you delete this/inject a blank one (how blank?) your system won't turn on - do not tell people to do this!
remember... all the system stuff's tickets are in there.
if the tickets are no longer there... no play time

Thanks! Is it safe to simply delete it? Will the 3DS boot afterwards?
no and no

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
oh no no, if you delete this/inject a blank one (how blank?) your system won't turn on - do not tell people to do this!

no and no
Thanks! I had a feeling it's not that easy. What do you think is the best way to remove hax stuff from ticket.db (and from the whole 3DS)?

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

no and no

I tried (on cfw), no brick but nothing installed anymore, only slot-1 and any empty folders :)

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
No you cannot. They will fail at 99%.
do you know why they are failing at 99%?
because the key to decrypt the contents is incorrect in the tickets/cia you installed.
because you are using 'bad' cias, cias not made with my tool FunkyCIA, or newer gui versions like GroovyCIA/CoffeCIA
cias made using these tools are good because the contents are never decrypted, we rely on the deccryption key in the ticket, not predecrypted contents like other cia creation techniques.

don't say you cannot unless you really understand what is going on!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjK2lPBzGzo