Hacking Can instaling wads can collaps my wii ??

mixirnn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi so yesterday i was trying to install pokemon rumble by installing a wad
it worked perfectly until now
When i tried to play different games sometimes when i open usb loader gx or any homebrew application i get an error with a very loud sound saying !ERROR system colapsed! restarting in 5....
is there a solution to this rather than formating the system?
PLEASE HELP!!

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
It shouldn't impact other apps that way... that being said, usb loader gx is able to load channels installed to the real (and emulated) nand(s) in it's all-in-one menu, so if it's trying to load the channels and it doesn't like a particular banner or title for whatever reason I could see it potentially crashing gx. But it shouldn't impact other typical apps that are loaded via the homebrew channel so this does sound very strange.

If u try deleting the new title does the problem go away? If so, maybe try installing the title to an emulated nand and see if you can play it without the other side-effects using this method instead

Last edited by XFlak,
Reactions: E1ite007 and banjo2

mixirnn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
It shouldn't impact other apps that way... that being said, usb loader gx is able to load channels installed to the real (and emulated) nand(s) in it's all-in-one menu, so if it's trying to load the channels and it doesn't like a particular banner or title for whatever reason I could see it potentially crashing gx. But it shouldn't impact other typical apps that are loaded via the homebrew channel so this does sound very strange.

If u try deleting the new title does the problem go away? If so, maybe try installing the title to an emulated nand and see if you can play it without the other side-effects using this method instead
ok so ur telling me that this should only happen on gx but when i opened wad manager it also crash the same way usb gx

mixirnn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
If u uninstalled the problematic wad and the issue persists, I'm not convinced that it was what caused the issue. Could be general hardware failure of some kind, I'm not sure. Sorry I can't be more help
Well thanks for the help anyway, i will take my wii to a repair center if the the issue is something related to hardware....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Que dices?