Hacking Can I use USB instead of HDD to play Wii games on Wii U ?

mcnol012

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the answer is Yes then how much size vWii support (32 GB, 16 Gb or smaller) ?

And why we need a SD card when we can use a USB instead ?

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
If the answer is Yes then how much size vWii support (32 GB, 16 Gb or smaller) ?

And why we need a SD card when we can use a USB instead ?

well im not quite sure what your mean exactly.... re-reading your question.... can i use a USB instead of a HDD.......??? the usb part is what you connect your hdd to the wii/wii u with.

_v3

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
well im not quite sure what your mean exactly.... re-reading your question.... can i use a USB instead of a HDD.......??? the usb part is what you connect your hdd to the wii/wii u with.
He probably meant a thumb drive, if that's the case then the answer is yes(it works on a normal Wii so it should work on the vWii too). A 32gb thumb drive should work fine.

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
For my backups, I'm using a 16gb Flash Drive that I got off of Amazon for like 11 dollars. It's big enough to hold 5-7 games (scrubbed of course). So yeah, flash drives work easily. Just be sure to format it using WBFS Manager, which is also how you should put the games on the flash drive.

Reactions: mcnol012

drmarvin

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Agree. I use a 32gb flash drive. I like that because it has no moving parts to fail. if I leave the Wii/WiiU powered up, it won't wear out the HDD. I think I have about 12-15 games on it. I think if I had a 64gb one, I could put all useful games out there.

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He might mean running VC/WiiWare from USB rather than from the internal storage. Some people confuse internal storage as always meaning it has an HDD.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality