Hacking Can i use the SuperCard DSTWO PLUS for running GBA Games on the NDS Lite?

Mikemk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but that defeats the purpose of the scds2 flashcard . . . what i mean is he could do the same thing you suggest with any old r4 card . . .
1) Running natively is better. Better performance, better compatibility, and it doesn't have the graphical glitches that occur from the DSTwo skipping every other frame. (The DS cartridge slot can't transfer a whole 60 frames a second)
2) Even not using TempGBA, the DSTwo still has SNES emission and bagplug to make it stand out.

GBA Emulation is a feature for DSi and 3DS users who can't use a slot 2. It's not that you can't use it on a DS Lite, it's that you shouldn't want to because better options are available.

Meteor7

Guess where this thumb goes.
Trophies
a fit of spasms and accidental black magic
XP
Country
United States
1) Running natively is better. Better performance, better compatibility, and it doesn't have the graphical glitches that occur from the DSTwo skipping every other frame. (The DS cartridge slot can't transfer a whole 60 frames a second)
2) Even not using TempGBA, the DSTwo still has SNES emission and bagplug to make it stand out.

GBA Emulation is a feature for DSi and 3DS users who can't use a slot 2. It's not that you can't use it on a DS Lite, it's that you shouldn't want to because better options are available.
I can second this. The experience of playing GBA ROMs natively is, to me, incomparable to the card's emulation. Playing a hacked and/or translated GBA game without having to deal with any frameskipping, slowdown, or glitching makes the 3in1 worth every penny.

Reactions: MichiS97

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can second this. The experience of playing GBA ROMs natively is, to me, incomparable to the card's emulation. Playing a hacked and/or translated GBA game without having to deal with any frameskipping, slowdown, or glitching makes the 3in1 worth every penny.
all im saying is the op asked if he can use the scds2+ for gba roms on ds lite. not how to get the absolute best gba experience possible . . . maybe he cant afford more hardware at the moment

Mikemk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
These site says it is for NDS and NDS Lite: http://www.elespiel.com/ez-flash-ezvi/132-ez-flash-3-in-1-expansion-pack-fur-nds-ndslite.html
This wold mean it would stick out like the regular GBA modules i guess.
If i remind correct the GBA module for the M3 simple didn't had that problem, but it was only sold along the M3 (i think then it wasn't called simple anymore. Long time since then...).
I search for a product wehere I can use my R4 with (or if there is a more inexpensive possibility togehter with a R4 equivalent).
The 3in1 has a version for the phat which sticks out, and a version for the lite which doesn't stick out. Get the lite version.

Mikemk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It should be noted a few GBA games don't work on the 3in1 because of extra hardware in the cartridge, for example the Pokemon games which have a real time clock. Use TempGBA for those.

Reactions: VitaType

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: roms wont boot with wood r4menu