Can i use the SuperCard DSTWO PLUS for running GBA Games on the NDS Lite?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by VitaType, Jul 16, 2016.

1. VitaType
    OP

VitaType GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 16, 2016
    Germany
    Hello,

i'm unsure if you can use the SuperCard DSTWO PLUS to emulate GBA games only in the 3DS or if you can use it with the NDS Lite too.

VitaType

2. Technicmaster0

Technicmaster0 GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 22, 2011
    Gambia, The
    You can use it for the DS Lite too.

3. VitaType
    OP

Jul 16, 2016
    Germany
    Thank you for help.

4. Mikemk

Mikemk GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Mar 26, 2015
    United States
    Also, with a slot 2 such as the ez flash 3in1, and GBA Exploader, you can run them natively.

5. wormdood

wormdood pirate booty inspector

Jan 3, 2014
    United States
    behind a parental advisory sticker
    but that defeats the purpose of the scds2 flashcard . . . what i mean is he could do the same thing you suggest with any old r4 card . . .

Last edited by wormdood, Jul 17, 2016
  6. Mikemk

Mar 26, 2015
    United States
    1) Running natively is better. Better performance, better compatibility, and it doesn't have the graphical glitches that occur from the DSTwo skipping every other frame. (The DS cartridge slot can't transfer a whole 60 frames a second)
    2) Even not using TempGBA, the DSTwo still has SNES emission and bagplug to make it stand out.

GBA Emulation is a feature for DSi and 3DS users who can't use a slot 2. It's not that you can't use it on a DS Lite, it's that you shouldn't want to because better options are available.

7. Meteor7

Meteor7 Guess where this thumb goes.

Jun 9, 2014
    United States
    New Jersey
    I can second this. The experience of playing GBA ROMs natively is, to me, incomparable to the card's emulation. Playing a hacked and/or translated GBA game without having to deal with any frameskipping, slowdown, or glitching makes the 3in1 worth every penny.

MichiS97 likes this.
  8. wormdood

wormdood pirate booty inspector

Jan 3, 2014
    United States
    behind a parental advisory sticker
    all im saying is the op asked if he can use the scds2+ for gba roms on ds lite. not how to get the absolute best gba experience possible . . . maybe he cant afford more hardware at the moment

9. VitaType
    OP

Jul 16, 2016
    Germany
    The probleme is it would either stick out my NDS Lite or it woldn't works with my R4 as far as I know.
    Or is there are option for R4 and not sicking out of my NDS Lite?

10. Mikemk

Mar 26, 2015
    United States
    How about the EZ Flash 3in1?

11. VitaType
    OP

Jul 16, 2016
    Germany
    These site says it is for NDS and NDS Lite: http://www.elespiel.com/ez-flash-ezvi/132-ez-flash-3-in-1-expansion-pack-fur-nds-ndslite.html
    This wold mean it would stick out like the regular GBA modules i guess.
    If i remind correct the GBA module for the M3 simple didn't had that problem, but it was only sold along the M3 (i think then it wasn't called simple anymore. Long time since then...).
    I search for a product wehere I can use my R4 with (or if there is a more inexpensive possibility togehter with a R4 equivalent).

12. Mikemk

Mar 26, 2015
    United States
    The 3in1 has a version for the phat which sticks out, and a version for the lite which doesn't stick out. Get the lite version.

13. VitaType
    OP

Jul 16, 2016
    Germany
    Oh, I see. Then the EZ Flash 3in1 should be perfect. Thank you.

14. Mikemk

Mar 26, 2015
    United States
    It should be noted a few GBA games don't work on the 3in1 because of extra hardware in the cartridge, for example the Pokemon games which have a real time clock. Use TempGBA for those.