Hacking Can I use something else ?

lisek99

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just broke my fake Wiikey. I tried to solder cables on it ale they just wont stick together. Eventually after couple shots I just broke my Wiikey. Is there any other way to stick Wiikey to the Wii except soldering or can you post some links for good solder because it might be a problem because I bought some cheap ass solder from Home Depot.

TheVirus

Trophies
XP
Country
Uganda
There might be solder glue, but I have no idea if it's any good. Just solder it because if you try to go another route, chances are it won't work.

cruddybuddy

Group: Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
varpness.com
XP
Country
United States
Actually, you should probably read a tutorial on how to solder. I just did my Wiikey last night and it would have been a pain in the ass if I hadn't practiced first on an old motherboard. Actually, it WAS a pain in the ass even with the practice, but without it I probably would have killed my Wiikey or worse.

Tip #2. Get some flux. That might help the solder stick.

TheVirus

Trophies
XP
Country
Uganda
I believe the WiiKey team will allow people to replace their WiiKey's free of charge for whatever reason. Might want to contact the website you ordered from.

From the looks of it, it appears you lifted the pads and burnt the traces. Your iron might be too hot, if it's anything above 15w, you should consider getting an 8w or 15w iron. I would also recommend practicing on some old hardware, you seem to not know how to do it properly and are holding the iron on the board for far too long.

TheVirus

Trophies
XP
Country
Uganda
Ah, then you'd probably have to solder directly onto the chip's legs, which is extremely difficult without the right tip. You'd need an extra fine tip to solder onto the legs. If your tip is wider than a leg, it won't work.

lisek99

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any other way to mod my Wii without soldering (I am not talking about wiikey). Is there any other mod chip easy to install? Because I have no clue how to soldering.

moloko23

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Swaziland
LOL You bought a clone and fu**ed it up. Fist, if I were you I would look for a reliable online store who sell the Wiikey and not some rip off artist who is selling Wiikey clones. It sounds and looks like you don't want to learn how to solder so, if I were you I would hunt down a soldering king, who solders stuff every day for fun. He/She will more then gladly skrew open your Wii and solder a Wiikey for less then $30...

lisek99

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ordered another Wiikey. Can someone recommend me good solder, because I think mine is really bad. That’s why I couldn’t solder it right.

mrdan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where are you located? I wouldn't recommend trying again because the result will probably be the same.

rk3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you got solder from home depot, it's probably way too big (for plumbing)

go to radio shack and get some thinner solder and a 15w iron

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: it won't make it better or worse