Hacking can i use somebody's nand dump to fix non-working GX loader?

blueagent004

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
usb gx loader isn't working for me, it detects my usb drive and games, but i get a black screen when trying to load them and it boots back to the homebrew channel.

i tried wiiflow, it also doesn't work, it just boots back to normal wii home menu.

i have bootmii installed to boot2, i can backup and restore nand dumps, so can i use somebody else's working nand dump? will that fix the issue with usb gx loader?

thanks for the help!

Last edited by blueagent004,

blueagent004

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
so i need to put "cIOS d2x Version" on my sd card, load it and just install everything, right?

i honestly don't know which one i'm supposed to install though. i tried ModMii half a year ago, but the program froze on my computer while trying to retrieve the last batch of updates for me, meaning that i can't use modmii. (i'd be happy to post screenshot showing it freezing if anyone needs it)

Last edited by blueagent004,

AkikoKumagara

The Coolest Bear Around
Trophies
Website
thebearsden.web.fc2.com
XP
Country
United States
so i need to put "cIOS d2x Version" on my sd card, load it and just install everything, right?
Get the cIOS and install it to whatever base IOS your backup loader expects it to be on. Be sure you have your own NAND dump somewhere prior to installing any cIOS just to be safe.

blueagent004

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
ok thanks, the cIOS d2x Version was one of the solutions i found earlier from reading the old threads, but i didn't quite know how to use it so i fugured i'd use somebody's nand dump because it seemed easier.

OK so i'll give it a try and report back later, thanks for the help!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1