Hacking can i use one of my retail carts online header for all my backups?

xdarkmario

Philosopher
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok so i have my cart rips on my gateway and my retail carts, some with online capabilities. my question is can i use one of my personal headers on all my ripped backups? is that safe?

xdarkmario

Philosopher
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
5) Click on "Export" and choose a name for the .bin file, then click on "Save". It will be the header you'll be using for online play (you can use the same header for every game). You'll see, in the log section, the sentence : "Exporting header: Done.".
guess you can use the same header for each game backup

Steena

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Theoretically, it's possible to get banned when using private headers as well, it depends on how their detection works. If they store and link each header that appears online with its respective game, they can detect a header used on more than one game, even if it's just you using your own ones.

We don't really know how it works, though I think that so far only people using public headers got banned. I think .cias are the safest option right now, no?

YourHero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Theoretically, it's possible to get banned when using private headers as well, it depends on how their detection works. If they store and link each header that appears online with its respective game, they can detect a header used on more than one game, even if it's just you using your own ones.

We don't really know how it works, though I think that so far only people using public headers got banned. I think .cias are the safest option right now, no?

So far it doesn't look like that happens in the rom it's self. I tried 3 headers on the same rom and all that changes is the Cart ID, which is basically like a CD key. If anything thus far it seems like headers are generated for 3DS games the same way regardless of the game being injected into.

Steena

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So far it doesn't look like that happens in the rom it's self. I tried 3 headers on the same rom and all that changes is the Cart ID, which is basically like a CD key. If anything thus far it seems like headers are generated for 3DS games the same way regardless of the game being injected into.
Doesn't have to happen in the cart, imagine nintendo grabbing the information as you go online with the current header data+which game it says you're playing at the moment, in real time. And then they store this information on a database. Whenever a double entry appears in there (same ID, different game you've been seen online with), that means it's a modified ROM.

So you have a "CD key" being used to activate 2 (or more) different games, for online play. Nintendo may not be able to tell which individual ID belongs to which game specifically, but they may be able to tell that the same one has showed up more than once, and that's enough for them to determine you're using a flashcard. I guess that if you use your private headers only once for each title (1 legit header = 1 rom), you should be safe from this.

Does this make any sense?

Reactions: MattKimura

xdarkmario

Philosopher
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

y2jdmbfan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a bit confused...If I dump all my retail carts with Gateway can I:

1. Where is the header located that is causing people to get banned?

2. Use my RETAIL DUMPS loaded on an SD card in Emunand in Gateway mode online and not risk getting banned?

3. Use RETAIL DUMPS loaded on an SD card in a Sky3DS and go online and not get banned?

4. I have retail Smash Bros. in PAL and US, how can I update to 1.05 safely on my Australian / PAL New 3DS which hasn't been connected to the Internet yet? Load it into my USA 3DSXL and update? I guess I don't know where exactly the update files are stored.

Forgive the newbie-esque questions.

xdarkmario

Philosopher
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Smash Data dir.PNG
1. i believe the header is where the name suggests it is. near the first bytes of the .3ds backup as for it banning people, using a public header instead of your own can get you banned because, Lets say you downloaded a header and went online, and the rest lets say 400 people go online at the same time with that same header ID nintendo will get suspicious because each cartage has its own unique ID and nintendo can see that the rest besides 1 are a copy and can ban the card ID and "Maybe" the system.

2.Extracting YOUR Headers from your own retail dumps with Gateway ROM Patcher v0.6 is the way safer then public ones and from what i know the risk of getting banned is very small. (My small advice, take the header from a online capable game that you dont much care for just incase)

3. In theory it should be the same as gateway, should be fine as long as your header partition is present on the backup( im not sure sky3ds users need to do the rename to .3DZ or not)

4.the updates are stored on your 3ds SD card. and each 3ds has its own folder that it uses for storage. if you try and put the N3ds SD (with a adapter) into your 3ds XL it will make a new folder and the game update will go there. when you put it back in your N3ds it will not look in that folder ans may act as if nothing happened

smash bros update data US ver (for me) is in

E:\Nintendo 3DS\df5d177959d84517080d39f3c4f8e2b1\91e800a54780209e5344303400035344\title\0004000e\000edf00\content

(See photo)
https://gbatemp.net/attachments/smash-data-dir-png.15570/
smash-data-dir-png.15570

it will be a similar your info before the title will be different. you can try copying the 0004000e folder (if its called that for you) the the directory in your 3ds SD
smash-data-dir-png.15570

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dSN52HstbI