Hacking can i use one gate way on two 9.0 3dsxl

aenoch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ive had my 3ds set up with. Gateway for awile now. I just picked up another for $75 with cib smash bros and pokemon y. I plan on selling the games to lower my cost.

My question is can i use 1 gateway to be able to play games. With my wife.

And also. Can i. Just put my emunnand sd card in the 3ds i just. Baught. With the gateway cart and have it load up exactly the same as my old 3ds (i plan on giving my wife the red one i was using before and keeping the black one i just picked up.

lemanuel

Maxconsole's All-Knowing Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
No, you can't use the same emunand for a different console. emunand is a copy of your system NAND and each NAND is unique to its own console. So you can't share it between consoles.

As for using GW with 2 consoles, you always need to have the red card inserted when booting into GW Mode, so unless you always leave it in standby, you'll have to put the red card there eventually again.

Best way for you is to use GW in one console and use a CFW like rxTools in the other.

marksteele

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
if you use cia's rather than .3ds files you can just use the gateway card to boot into emunand and then you can take it out and put it somewhere in case batteries die.

aenoch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i can set up emunand and wile booted into emunand take out the cart and still use cias to play against each other.

if i went the cfw route id still need the cart to boot it or no?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

i assume system tranfer wont work since my orginal 3ds sysnand isent linked

lemanuel

Maxconsole's All-Knowing Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
so i can set up emunand and wile booted into emunand take out the cart and still use cias to play against each other.

if i went the cfw route id still need the cart to boot it or no?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

i assume system tranfer wont work since my orginal 3ds sysnand isent linked

CFW don't use any card so no, you wouldn't need it. And yes, you can take out the GW card after booting and still be able to play CIA games.

Why would you want to do a system transfer?

aenoch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
because im giving my wife the old one and i want my sd card from that one to work in the one i just baught and not have to re setup the whole thing again

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free