Question Can I use my previous account on a new switch while console banned?

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by redcat2401, Aug 26, 2018.

1. redcat2401
    OP

redcat2401 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 23, 2018
    Australia
    So as like many, I have been banned, I was expecting this, so I've been meaning to get a new switch, 1 for homebrew/cfw and such and the other for legit games (so I can play online titles and such). So my question is, can I currently use my old account that was on my banned nintendo switch on my new nintendo switch, as I have a few legit purchased eshop titles on it.

2. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    You can't unlink it without calling Nintendo first off. Your second problem is going to be getting them to unlink it for you and telling them its banned might not help the process. And even after its unlinked, who knows if Nintendo will decide to ban the new console that account is associated with or not.

Also if you could submit a ban report here by using the form in the OP, that would be great: https://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendo-switch-banning-hub.508710/

3. Garou

Garou GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 13, 2015
    How about by playing innocent and say that the switch suddenly cannot access eshop, no need to explicitly say "ban" word

I mean there's a chance someone buy a secondhand switch that has the certificate extracted by previous owner and just recently being banned

4. Stunx

Stunx Member

Newcomer
    Aug 18, 2018
    United States
    Lost my 3ds one time and called Nintendo to tell them it was stolen. Told them I had my Pokemon bank on the 3ds and I needed it unlinked asap. They did it for me no problem, I now have 2 3ds's with the same digital games on them.

5. LordRahl72

LordRahl72 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 12, 2018
    United States
    Tell them you dropped your Switch in a pool and bought a new one to replace it.

6. cl_yde_

cl_yde_ Member

Newcomer
    Sep 1, 2017
    United Kingdom
    Hi
    um i need help coz im gonna get my 2nd replacement but i dunno what to do literally. Ive unlinked my account already once in a span before 1 year and i cant unlink my acc if i don't contact nintendo and get lucky enough.
    Is it possible if I don't unlink my account then log onto a new switch? (My account is not banned, i checked on the nintendo account web)
    Thanks

7. Manurocker95

Manurocker95 Game Developer & Pokémon Master

May 29, 2016
    Spain
    Madrid
    You can unlink your account from the web if you are not account banned.

8. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    On the console itself, it still believes the account is linked if the console is banned.

9. eherrera322

eherrera322 Member

Newcomer
    May 21, 2012
    United States
    USA
    I went through this process late October, got a new switch called the customer service told them the truth about being banned. Asked if I could please have the new switch activated as primary and they said for being nice, honest and straightforward they’d do it. But they transfer you immediately to a supervisor the second you mention banning. But they did mention the big N would be watching my back in case funny business like this were to happen in the future. But no worries there, just have the serial number of both switches ready. And it’s a one time to deal to unlink a banned account. So be careful. (Yes I have filled out the banned survey many months ago. I made the silly mistake of connecting online on the monster hunter game to get the free gifts and my ban got upgraded to super as a nice surprise.)