Hacking Can I Use GodMode9 To Reset My 3DS To Factory Settings?

goldensun87

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Long story short, I fucked up, and now when I try to boot into Home Menu, I get an exception called "prefetch abort (svcbreak)". If there is an easier way to fix this, I'll do that, otherwise I'm up for factory resetting and using NTRBoot from scratch.

goldensun87

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ironically, NAND Restore is how I got in this mess. But first, the beginning. This is a N2DS XL, which I had just CFW'ed using NTRBoot. And, I wanted to dump a cart using GodMode9. But, for some reason, the dump kept failing. So, I put the old Decrypt9 onto my card, hoping that would work. That also failed. Since GM9 suggested something like "SD Failure", I tried formatting the card (to fat32 of course). I could still access the Home Menu after this, but of course, I only had Luma on CTRNAND after this. So, I copied the Luma files back onto my SD card, and attempted to restore the NAND I saved during the CFW setup, using Decrypt9. And after that, here I am. I will note, that I had selected the (keep hax) option. Was this what I did wrong? I don't know if it will work, but I am attempting a regular NAND restore now.

goldensun87

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, there is no way GodMode9 can reset the console to factory settings?

Also, at this point, the console is unable to even turn on, without the Luma boot.firm on the SD card. What does that mean?

Last edited by goldensun87,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia

Also, at this point, the console is unable to even turn on, without the Luma boot.firm on the SD card. What does that mean?
Resetting to factory settings would not help you, it would just unlink the NNID and remove all your installed applications. If you can't get to the home menu you would see no difference.

For Decrypt9 go to sysNAND options, CTR transfer, auto. Have the CTR transfer files in a folder called files9.

goldensun87

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Resetting to factory settings would not help you, it would just unlink the NNID and remove all your installed applications. If you can't get to the home menu you would see no difference.

For Decrypt9 go to sysNAND options, CTR transfer, auto. Have the CTR transfer files in a folder called files9.
What are the CTR transfer files supposed to be named?

Natsuru

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Did the restore actually complete successfully?
I would assume the NAND backup you restored was interrupted due to the possibility bad SD card. (Have you tested it or tried a different card?)
If the boot.firm that was in CTRNAND got erased during the restore that could explain why the system woulden't boot. If you have access to GM9 check CTRNAND to see if boot.firm is in the root.
The option to keep the hax doesn't keep the payload, it keeps the hax a9lh or B9S in the boot chain, this could explain why the system wouldn't boot without the boot.firm on the SD card.

Last edited by Natsuru,

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd also like to mention that you can try the same NAND backup using Godmode9 instead. If was originally dumped with a .firm version of Godmode9, your older version of Decrypt9 may not be restoring it correctly....

goldensun87

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All right, so, the CTR transfer finally worked to restore normal functionality, but, the Friends List and Notifications are not working, giving error messages. And, I am still unable to dump a cart. What should I do next?

Reactions: Quantumcat

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All right, so, the CTR transfer finally worked to restore normal functionality, but, the Friends List and Notifications are not working, giving error messages. And, I am still unable to dump a cart. What should I do next?
That would have nothing to do with dumping a cartridge. But what are the error codes?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I know the cart dumping is separate from these 2 errors.
Notifications: 0xc82044b4
Friends List: 0xc82044b4
Update your console via the safe menu. Just make sure you have an active internet connection; it's accessed when turning on the Nintendo 3DS while holding A+R+L+Up. You won't lose CFW, it will just re-install any missing/corrupted system titles which may have been the result of the improper NAND restore.

Reactions: goldensun87

goldensun87

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update your console via the safe menu. Just make sure you have an active internet connection; it's accessed when turning on the Nintendo 3DS while holding A+R+L+Up. You won't lose CFW, it will just re-install any missing/corrupted system titles which may have been the result of the improper NAND restore.
Unfortunately, I had updated to 11.6 through System Settings already. Is there any other way to fix the corrupted titles?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @RedColoredStars My condolences, was that your cat? +1