Hacking Can I Use GodMode9 To Reset My 3DS To Factory Settings?

goldensun87

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That doesn't matter.... If it recognizes them as "bad" it will reinstall them.
Unfortunately, I am still getting the error messages for those titles. Also, I found that 3DS Sound is also getting that error code, and the Activity Log doesn't show an error code, but it just has a black screen when I try to load it.

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
can't you just remove B9S? there is script to remove the hack.
if you edit any system title or did something like replace seed file, don't do it.

goldensun87

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can't you just remove B9S? there is script to remove the hack.
if you edit any system title or did something like replace seed file, don't do it.
I could, but then wouldn't that leave me with zero options? Or, if I remove B9S and do a factory reset, will that get rid of the errors? If so, in what order should I do it?

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
I could, but then wouldn't that leave me with zero options? Or, if I remove B9S and do a factory reset, will that get rid of the errors? If so, in what order should I do it?
wait, can you do normal system format?
maybe the problem from the SD card?

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Unfortunately, I had updated to 11.6 through System Settings already. Is there any other way to fix the corrupted titles?
Try downloading 11.6 via 3DNUS and reinstalling it via the "downgrade" mode of sysupdater or FBI2

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I could, but then wouldn't that leave me with zero options?
Correct, avoid that

goldensun87

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All right, so, I checked my SD card for errors, and there were none. But, those particular titles are still having error. So, now that we have ruled out the SD card, I can only guess, that something went wrong somewhere during the B9S installation process. Because even before I bricked and had to CTR transfer, the N2DS XL would fail to dump a cart (which is how this all started). So, let me get two things straight. Doing factory reset at this point will not get rid of B9S, or get rid of these specific errors?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
All right, so, I checked my SD card for errors, and there were none. But, those particular titles are still having error. So, now that we have ruled out the SD card, I can only guess, that something went wrong somewhere during the B9S installation process. Because even before I bricked and had to CTR transfer, the N2DS XL would fail to dump a cart (which is how this all started). So, let me get two things straight. Doing factory reset at this point will not get rid of B9S, or get rid of these specific errors?
B9S can't be affecting your console's behaviour, all it does is cause boot.firm to be launched on console boot up. If there was something wrong with Luma (as boot.firm) your console wouldn't start up at all. A system format will not help you, that will only remove your user data like installed games and saves. There's something wrong with your system, if I were you I'd try a CTR transfer with Decrypt9 (make a NAND backup first). If you already tried that then maybe try installing 11.6 system cias with sysupdater (or update through recovery mode if you're not on the latest version already).
If you remove B9S you'll simply have a non-working console without any way to fix it.

Last edited by Quantumcat,
Reactions: Majickhat55

goldensun87

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All right, so, I used 3DNUS to download CIAs of all the 11.6 files, and installed them all. But, after I installed everything, now I am back to the state where an exception occurs when trying to boot into Home Menu. Which means I will have to CTR transfer again. I am starting to think that 11.6 is the problem. The CTR transfer I used before, downgraded my system down to 11.5. So, please direct me to a CTR transfer file that will downgrade me to 11.2. If I have to do CTR transfer again, I'd rather downgrade to the firmware which all my other consoles are on. Can the N2DS XL be downgraded to 11.2 though?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
All right, so, I used 3DNUS to download CIAs of all the 11.6 files, and installed them all. But, after I installed everything, now I am back to the state where an exception occurs when trying to boot into Home Menu. Which means I will have to CTR transfer again. I am starting to think that 11.6 is the problem. The CTR transfer I used before, downgraded my system down to 11.5. So, please direct me to a CTR transfer file that will downgrade me to 11.2. If I have to do CTR transfer again, I'd rather downgrade to the firmware which all my other consoles are on. Can the N2DS XL be downgraded to 11.2 though?
The N2DSXL can't be downgraded below 11.4. Or maybe it can, but you'd be asking for problems! In the very least, you'd get a soft brick if you ever did a system format. Try 11.5 CTR transfer, then maybe update using recovery mode (don't know if it will help but it is what I would try if I were in your situation).

Last edited by Quantumcat,

goldensun87

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All right so, I tried transferring back to 11.5, but that did not help with the specific titles not working. So, I updated back to 11.6, and, here is a list of all the titles that are giving the error message:

Amiibo Settings
Friend List
Notifications
Streetpass Mii Plaza
AR Games
Nintendo 3DS Sound
Activity Log (this is actually not giving the error message, but the screen just remains black after booting. And, I am able to return to the Home Menu by pressing Home button 2-3 times)

And, I am posting pictures of the error screens I get, so hopefully someone will be able to make sense of them.

P.S.: I tried paying a little more attention to what happens when I try to dump a cart. In both Decrypt9 and GodMode9, after the dump fails, the SD card becomes inaccesible until I reboot. And, for Decrypt9, when booting, I think it says that the 0x24 sector is not found are something.
img.php

Last edited by goldensun87,
Reactions: Quantumcat

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Attempting to decode error C82044B4, I get that the FS driver is complaining about a file "already existing", which hardly makes sense given the circumstances...

I would say, make a nand backup (like you always should before trial and error problem solving), then rename 0:/Nintendo 3DS/ and delete the random-named folder inside 1:/data/ - this would be somewhat equivalent to the factory reset you want to try (except by not generating a new SD key, but we're renaming the Nintendo 3DS folder to compensate)

The N2DSXL can't be downgraded below 11.4. Or maybe it can, but you'd be asking for problems!
The special factory version of 11.4, in fact, not the publicly downloadable one :)

Reactions: Quantumcat

goldensun87

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wondering what region your console is?
USA

Attempting to decode error C82044B4, I get that the FS driver is complaining about a file "already existing", which hardly makes sense given the circumstances...

I would say, make a nand backup (like you always should before trial and error problem solving), then rename 0:/Nintendo 3DS/ and delete the random-named folder inside 1:/data/ - this would be somewhat equivalent to the factory reset you want to try (except by not generating a new SD key, but we're renaming the Nintendo 3DS folder to compensate)

The special factory version of 11.4, in fact, not the publicly downloadable one :)
Thanks, but, before you replied, I went ahead and formatted my system memory, and that ended up fixing all the titles which had gotten corrupted. However, I was still unable to dump cartridges. So, I finally decided to try changing my microSD card. I was reluctant to do it all this time, because the only other 64GB microSD card I have, was being used for my N3DS XL. But anyway, I went ahead and backed up the files of both the N2DS XL (my new desired primary console) and the N3DS XL (my previous primary console). And thankfully, with the previous microSD card, my cart dumped flawlessly.

So, that brings up my final main questions: What is wrong with the microSD card I tried using initially with my N2DS XL? It was unused before I bought the N2DS XL, and the card is functioning normally in every 3DS function, normal and CFW regardless, except cart dumping. I even used the program h2testw on the faulty microSD card, and that test did not show any errors. So, is it possible to fix the card and make it fully functional with GodMode9/Decrypt9?

P.S.: Due to the cart dumping issue, I tried restoring the NAND backup I had made during the CFW installation. It is possible that the restoring process somehow created duplicates of certain program files, and that might have been causing the "files already existing" error. I will also note that it was the first time I tried restoring a NAND backup with GodMode9, and I may have done something wrong in between. IMHO, Decrypt9 is still more user-friendly when it comes to cart dumping and restoring NAND backups.

Last edited by goldensun87,

goldensun87

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what tool did you use to fat32 your 1st micro 64G?
I think I had used FAT32Formatter by TOKIWA. But, it didn't seem to work when I tried it this time, so I used a different one, a command-line only program called fat32format. I put it in my 'Desktop' folder, and the command is "fat32format [drive letter]:". Also, I don't know if it made a difference, but I had inserted the new microSD card into the unused N2DS XL, without reformatting it to FAT32 first. The N2DS seemed to reformat the card on its own, so I did not expect there to be any problem. For the N3DS XL, I was already set up on a smaller microSD card, presumably the 4GB that came with the console. Which is why I had to reformat the first 64GB microSD before transferring the files. If it is possible to fix the imperfect microSD card, I would like to try, however, the N3DS XL in question is a Majora's Mask Edition, so I'm wondering how much I will be able to sell it for. B9S pre-installed, which cannot be removed by system format, and still on 11.2 firmware...?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does update 19 really block it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.